Sad goodbye to a true friend

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Yea crusty whats the hold up have they run out of parts surly there must be one allready made

Maybe a name change Super Trouper ??? If you eva get it surly in the times we live in they can make a car in days if not a few hrs

Reactions: mfexpanda and DRW

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yea crusty whats the hold up have they run out of parts surly there must be one allready made

Maybe a name change Super Trouper ??? If you eva get it surly in the times we live in they can make a car in days if not a few hrs
Its hand built and slowly massaged into life in a remote temple high in the Himalayas by a team of deeply devoted Tibetan monks, before its blessed by the Dalai Lama and punted to Australia where a ancient ceremony will transfer its spirit to me. None of this can be rushed .... its not like a bloody Holden

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its hand built and slowly massaged into life in a remote temple high in the Himalayas by a team of deeply devoted Tibetan monks, before its blessed by the Dalai Lama and punted to Australia where a ancient ceremony will transfer its spirit to me. None of this can be rushed .... its not like a bloody Holden

So it's being built in the Himalaya's and since Tibet is mostly run by the Chinese is it really going to be a Ssangyong or possibly from the Indian side of things and a Tata ?????????? :car:

The Lion still roars ..................... :behindsofa:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Lion still roars
Its not really a roar anymore, more of a distant sort of whimper, with an dismissive american twang

FB_IMG_1558579474167.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
italian ????

Yep, the mighty steed us powered by a VM Motori engine, an old Italian engine company which is now owned by Fiat but has been by Detroit, Chrysler and GM and its engines are found Jeeps, Landys, Range Rovers, Fiats, Chevs, Alfa Romeo, Ford and GM vehicles, in fact the sound of mine certainly sounds like a few tractors I have driven......so there you go, a proven power plant..

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ho, Ho I had a look around, the only Holden Badge/logo at my place is on the Ute, other brands are here though, so a few pics from my shed.....need more stubbie holders I think... My sole Toyota.

IMG_20190523_163001.jpg

IMG_20190523_163020.jpg Mighty Jeep days.

IMG_20190523_163205.jpg
That horrible time pre retirement...

IMG_20190523_163010.jpg

And just to stir for the Bathurst race....

Reactions: DRW

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
And you Ian are paying for this by the hour !

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Drover are you sure??? Its the old diesel Jeep engine, I know it was sold to someone and re-vamped, makes sence though as my Jeep has a VM Motori V6 and goes better than a V8 LC200 :behindsofa:

It was in the Wrangler and Cherokee I think around '04 to '06 or something, of course the base engine is the same but to make things difficult they use various other manifolds, alternators and fans etc ......... in fact I used the schematics of the Jeep version when looking at the timing belt set up.....of course the 'Olden drawings aren't available.

Reactions: DRW

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hey @Crusty181 I assume you did a towing test with your van behind a 70 series??? I passed 2 of them up hills coming home today, one with a Kedron and the other with a Lotus they were doing the speed limit before the overtaking lane both on separate occasions

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Crusty181 I assume you did a towing test with your van behind a 70 series??? I passed 2 of them up hills coming home today, one with a Kedron and the other with a Lotus they were doing the speed limit before the overtaking lane both on separate occasions
No-one Oz has a 78, and none of the demo 79's had tow bars, but thats ok. Those 2 guys rang me this arvo and said you looked concerned, so they slowed down ;)

(its a 4.5ltr turbo'ed V8 sucking the fuel like a Dyson vacuum cleaner ... how bloody slow could they be)

Reactions: crackacoldie