Peterg's 200 series Landcruiser

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
All shiny and clean after it's date at the panel beaters. Resprayed the bar and a good cut and polish.
2015-10-30 18.12.57.jpg

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Drawers done.
2016-01-17 15.32.47.jpg
Relocated the compressor added switches for light and compressor.
2016-01-17 15.33.35.jpg
Yes @mfexpanda I think that's your towel from when the beast had a bit of a lie down at Wombat SF.
2016-01-17 15.33.10.jpg
Top drawer opens with bottom half of car door closed. We can access the fridge and the plates etc without opening the bottom door.
2016-01-17 15.34.55.jpg
New towed vehicle!

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Must say, dead milk from a split coffee milk makes your fridge stink............................................................really really badly................................................................................................................................................I thinks it's around 4 weeks old.......................................................:oops::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Must say, dead milk from a split coffee milk makes your fridge stink............................................................really really badly................................................................................................................................................I thinks it's around 4 weeks old.......................................................:oops::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:
We had a work vehicle that in mid Summer a glass pint bottle of milk spilt in it and went under the rubber matting. Took weeks to get rid of the smell. A while before driving it anywhere you had to open the car up fully and wait to air out and don't close windows while driving. Worse than the old trick of hidden sardines in the door panels but better than Cane Toads when collected for a day or so.

Reactions: dagree

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Had something similar happen when we had the territory. Went in for a service, came out smelling like something had died in it. Took it back to them......they ozoned it. all good!

Reactions: Delano and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Whoops. That'll learn you for putting milk in the beer fridge

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Back in my car detailing days we had a car come in with a 2lt carton of milk that had slid under the front passenger seat and after a few weeks it split the carton open. I had the joyous job of undoing the seatbolts to remove the carpet:painkiller::puke:

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Question good sirs and madams.

Has anyone with a 50mm lift, 17inch wheels put 70 profile tyres on?

If so how is the clearance for scrubbing off road? ie Turning with a wheel pushed up on one side.

I ask because I've got around 20,000-30,000km left on the current boots and am thinking of upping the tyre profile.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Question good sirs and madams.

Has anyone with a 50mm lift, 17inch wheels put 70 profile tyres on?

If so how is the clearance for scrubbing off road? ie Turning with a wheel pushed up on one side.

I ask because I've got around 20,000-30,000km left on the current boots and am thinking of upping the tyre profile.
Can't speak about the off roading bit, but our BWB had cooper st max 285/70 R17 put on them before we picked her up. Tyrepower, who supplied and fitted them, said they would be fine to have on there. Apparently the tyres look like they are on their side when I have them turned to get out of our drive, but that could be because of the lift and new suspension. It goes back for an alignment on Tuesday.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Should have mentioned we had the same tyres on the BBB (patrol), and were on the sand a lot in coral bay. Worked fine, never bogged.

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
ah joys of owning a Landcruiser that's been lifted and had an awning and roof racks added......... off to Melbourne Friday night to catch up with the lad following a couple of days in Sydney for work........bad news is the carpark at the hotel has a clearance of 2.000000000m.......the beast is 2.1000000m roughly........must measure the height to the actual roof tomorrow and see if it'll fit without the gear on top.......otherwise I may have to air down to fit!!!! The best of nearby parking is 2.10000m but at $69 a night I'm feeling #@$##%#$%

Alternatively I could park on the street, let the Council tow it and then pay the fine on Saturday to get it back.....might be cheaper than the parking anyway!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
One reason I only went a 35mm lift on the Prado and not 50mm.... The 15mm meant the difference between free under cover parking at work or paying $5/day outside and risk walking the rest of the way in rain!!!!

As it was I had to dodge fire sprinklers with the shovel holders on the roof rack o_O

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
All good, maybe. Awning and roof rack off. Rough measure says 1.98m with a bit of a bend on the top half of the tape......allow an extra 0.01m for the tape to straighten.......more than an inch clearance.........and if it comes to it I can always airdown by a centimetre or two more.....I'll let you know how I go......

Reactions: dagree and bigcol