New Nissan Pathfinder yay or nay?

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Unsure what Nissan's marketing people are doing by getting rid of diesel options... I would have seriously looked at one of the new Patrols when I bought our LC200 if there was a competitive diesel option.

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
i got all excited over the nissan v6 turbo diesel in the navara, i dont understand why they're not using this tidy powerplant!

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Unsure what Nissan's marketing people are doing by getting rid of diesel options... I would have seriously looked at one of the new Patrols when I bought our LC200 if there was a competitive diesel option.
That was exactly what I was meaning by saying I think Nissan has lost it's way in the 4wd market at the moment.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I think the biggest mistake Nissan has made with this move, is to continue the Pathfinder name. I understand their grab for more of the soft roader pie, but a new nameplate would have achieved the same thing. This would then have left the Pathfinder name available for a "real" off-roader down the track.
Incidentally, I just read a review of the new Patrol. given its a 5.6lt v8 Petrol, it's fuel consumption figures are quite surprising. Not far behind LC200 diesel.....,

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
There was a comparison between the new Patrol and the 200 series Land Cruiser in 4wd Action not long ago and the Patrols fuel figures were very close to the diesel 200, I think that's one of the reasons why. With the technology of the petrols nowadays they can just about match the fuel economy of the diesels. Torque is a different thing that's why for towing ill always stick with a diesel. But as a Nissan fan I think I might of bought my last one, being a Ford fan also that new Ford wagon looks the goods.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
There was a comparison between the new Patrol and the 200 series Land Cruiser in 4wd Action not long ago and the Patrols fuel figures were very close to the diesel 200, I think that's one of the reasons why. With the technology of the petrols nowadays they can just about match the fuel economy of the diesels. Torque is a different thing that's why for towing ill always stick with a diesel. But as a Nissan fan I think I might of bought my last one, being a Ford fan also that new Ford wagon looks the goods.

Would that be the test where they made the 200 the pack mule for the other vehicles even their fuel and a loaded roof then compared them on consumption? If your short try reaching the gear selector in a new Patrol ! The market has clearly spoken its wants diesel in big 4x4, no amount of spin can change that. Nissan can't do that at present cause they don't have a motor. The V6 while it may power a lighter Narvra or Pathy well has a hole in its torque curve and would not power the weight of the new Patrol well. It's also not getting stellar consumption figures either .

Since when does what Nissan do make any sense, they replaced the number 1 selling small car at the time Pulsar ( only topped by Corrolla due to rentals) with the Tida , how'd that go? Or choosing not to euro comply the 4.2 in the Patrol? Nissan is a French company now and they will give you what they want, including legendary don't be rude warranty support. Yes I know I hear the Defence "all companies are like that now" and they are worse than previous but not like Nissaan. Wife's boss is getting his clutch replaced in the near new Hilux under warranty, no hassle. How's that feel for the Navara owners!

I do agree with Stuart, given the years the Challenger has been around and even the Colorado 7 has been out a while. Your not seeing many around compared to utes or crossovers. So it's probably correct for them to get into this market, but it is a shame they use the "ditchfinder " name.

Reactions: blacky

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey if the Mazda BT is a BT fugly, what do you call the Nissan Joke? Cause that sure as sh1+ is the ugliest thing around, even beats the evoque by a country mile.

image.jpg

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
There is one code that turned me off every buying a Nissan, ZD30. I could not trust any of their new technology motors after the time bomb that was meant to be the answer to the 4.2td in the cruiser.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The new Pathy copped some bad press in Melbourne's Herald Suns Cars Guide on Friday. Having trouble with the auto tranny in the USA. Lots of shudder and vibrations reported. Not what they would want to read in the paper at launch.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
The new Pathy copped some bad press in Melbourne's Herald Suns Cars Guide on Friday. Having trouble with the auto tranny in the USA. Lots of shudder and vibrations reported. Not what they would want to read in the paper at launch.

There is facts about this, not just BS in the papers. There was a service bulliten released from Nissan the other day, that states the CVT software upgrade that was done in the USA has already been done on all Aussie bounds cars so none of our vehicles will be affected. The problem in the US has also been rectified. It is a shudder under light load from the CVT caused by software parameters...