New Nissan Pathfinder yay or nay?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new pathfinder? It's a nay for me I think it's lost it's masculinity of the last shape but I'm guessing the market is there for another cx9 type of runaround. Just my 2c worth.​

Reactions: paulie484

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
2700kg towing capacity and 200kg towball load A very different vehicle from its predecessor.
Nissan Klutage?

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
It's a nay for us, it's a shame that Nissan no longer has a mid size 4WD.

If you want a Nissan 4WD you either buy the massive V8 petrol wagon or the gutless 3L diesel.

I would have thought the Nissan show room was already full of cars in the new pathfinder category, they have the dualis+2, X-Trail & Murano.

Just hope they bring some of the cars from the USA to Aus

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hey bigskiddy took a drive to Yanderra this arvo, fires made a mess, some schools closed tomorrow, not my local one though- off I go to work

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Yeah it got close down there.
To my kids disappointment their school will still be open.

Sorry off topic..

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
View attachment 17865
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the new pathfinder? It's a nay for me I think it's lost it's masculinity of the last shape but I'm guessing the market is there for another cx9 type of runaround. Just my 2c worth.​
Sadly, a Nay for me too. Peaked with the last model (550 version) and now lost the plot by look of it. Will stick with old faithfull and 430Nm for a few more years I guess.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
It took the generation 3 (R51) model for buyers to finally appreciate the Pathfinder, with the last year having their best sales figures. Even Mr 4x4 Pat Callihan himself got one (over a patrol) for a personal car and went to great lengths to kit it out....

Then they announced this hatchback thing instead....... odd.... and unimpressive. maybe they spent too much on the new patrol and want to force more sales of it, especially as they committed to a diesel in it. :)

Or, maybe they'll get properly serious again and they'll bring the Armada or Xterra out here instead

Reactions: 17triton

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Nay from me for all reasons quoted above. For me should be looking at maintaining 3000kg or increasing to 3500kg tow capacity not decreasing.
@straydingo do you have links to Pat Callihan mods for the pathfinder. Would be interested to have a look.

Cheers
Steve

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
@millers ..
I stumped over a couple of pics on his facebook page - not sure if there is anything more....
here
here
here
here
here

However, in hindsight, the comment says "Pats new Pathy was at ARB....." the side photo shows the door handle on the door not the pillar which makes it merely a Nav. So I guess no Pathy for Mr 4x4. (they did use them as support vehicles in early series tho)

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
I will join the "Nay" sayers as well. It looks like they mixed it up or are using left over parts from the Murano, and the Mazda as well. Probably took a leaf out of the Great Walls company book.
Very disappointing to see