17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
I have just fitted the tracks inside the lid. It takes a bit longer but I think its a much neater result. In fact with the lid closed you cant even tell that sail tracks are fitted. I'm really happy with the result of an afternoons work.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I have just fitted the tracks inside the lid. It takes a bit longer but I think its a much neater result. In fact with the lid closed you cant even tell that sail tracks are fitted. I'm really happy with the result of an afternoons work.

Too late for me but I'd definitely like to see how it was done @beecee and see what sail track was used.... Others may benefit from how you did it.

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
How to fit the sail tracks on the inside?. I'll send pictures on the weekend - the instructions are: lift lid, remove the rubber seal by just peeling it off, pre-drill the tracks at 10cm intervals (I also shortened mine by about an inch from what was supplied), silicone the track, attach with light spring clamps, drill (I positioned some ply on the inside to avoid damage), then just pop-rivet and refit the rubber seal. The track sits neatly along the edge - no rubbing at all when opening and closing. This probably takes twice as long as fitting them on the outside - but it still only took about 90 minutes all up.

Reactions: skippy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
How do you hook up the PSs out of the way when using BEFs? I want to do the same but haven't come up with a workable method yet
Here's the pics @Marv_mart .....
Side folds under the front and clip the press stud on the corner with the rubber ring onto the stud under the lid near the van!!!!
Pictures easier than trying to explain ;)

Privacy Screen 001.jpg Privacy Screen 002.jpg

Reactions: mccrlc

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Wonder why the manufacturers/suppliers etc didn't do it this way?
Does look so much neater! Maybe cost and ease?

Reactions: brotys

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
So is that using the standard sail track that Holiday Annexes use on the outside? I am getting our hard lid replaced under warranty (blistering issue) and they were going to refit the bed end fly when they do. If this is straight forward I might get them to hold off and I will do this way instead.

BJ.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Here's the pics @Marv_mart .....
Side folds under the front and clip the press stud on the corner with the rubber ring onto the stud under the lid near the van!!!!
Pictures easier than trying to explain ;)

View attachment 25044 View attachment 25045
Thanks heaps. So Easy!!
Why wasn't I shown this when I picked up my Panda a year ago?
Will let you know when I next go to pick her up for its annual service
Cheers, Hank

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Was the first thing we were shown when we got to the pack up part of the handover.....
Definitely much easier than having it hanging down while closing the bed end ;)