17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Was the first thing we were shown when we got to the pack up part of the handover.....
Definitely much easier than having it hanging down while closing the bed end ;)
Yes, definitely! Looking forward to not having to stick my hand up under the closing lid to keep the PS away from bottom and the locks. Jammed my hand a few times now.
Hank

Reactions: dagree

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
Pic of my home made bed end cover in use raining heavily in Hervey Bay working really well dry bed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 333

Rose

Oct 27, 2013
I made 3 pieces two of the black fabric you can see on the front for each side. It took a while to find the black and I eventually stumbled across it in K mart. It is the sling thing you put across the back seat of the car to the front for dogs. It's in the pet section and after testing it is waterproof though probably not UV. for $12 one of these was big enough for 2 side sections. I hemmed the side pieces and added ties in case we needed to peg them down. A piece of Velcro at the mid point goes around the handle on the van. For the ties I used football boot laces as they are more durable than cord. Also laces at the top so we can roll them up and tie them for air. On the front side of these is Velcro which attaches to the front piece . To secure to the van I put studs which clip int the privacy screen studs which were on the van already. The front piece is plastic from Bunnings the type they make the patio blinds from so has a UV rating. I bordered it with another piece of dog sling. It was to heavy for the studs so I made a pocket and we thread a rod through the top which hooks onto the bed end handles on the underneath of the lid. Velcro down each side attaches it to the side section. I bought 2 dog slings and had enough left to make a bag as well so it rolls up and travels in the locker. We have not had a wet bed since we've been using it. Just heard on the news Hervey Bay today has had 60mls... Even the plastic was not difficult to sew on my domestic machine. Using a poly upholstery thread for strength. Hope this is clear

Delano

Apr 27, 2014
North west Melbourne
Thanks Rose, your obviously a Wizz with the machine. When I finally take delivery of my 16 I think my wife might have to get the old singer out herself and knock up a pair of those beaut bed end covers. You gotta love this Forum and the People on it!

Reactions: dagree and skippy

vivkingsa

Aug 23, 2014
Whittlesea
Well I must say we fitted the ones from Holiday Annexes only last month, everything was included for fitting. I ordered them on a Monday, they arrived on the Thursday, and they fitted perfectly, we are very happy with them. We even tested them in poor weather at Apollo Bay two weeks ago and they passed with flying colors.
Well I must say we fitted the ones from Holiday Annexes only last month, everything was included for fitting. I ordered them on a Monday, they arrived on the Thursday, and they fitted perfectly, we are very happy with them. We even tested them in poor weather at Apollo Bay two weeks ago and they passed with flying colors.

Hi Greeny,
Im in between the holiday annex canvas ends and Kakadu vinyl ends. Im just scared the canvas will seep again and we will end up wet... have you had them in full on rain or just light rain? and how did they stand up to it? thank you :)

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
That was for both, $550 the pair and $100 for fitting, got them fitted with my first service. I am really impressed with the quality of them and they are literally fiited in 2 minutes.

JOBSWAN

Nov 3, 2012
Mandurah WA
Anyone who has the new Jayco bed ends, can I ask do you find it a bit darker inside? My friend is wanting to get new bed ends mainly so her kids will sleep in a bit. So she is wanting them to be a bit darker.
Tia