17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
I would like a set of instructions as well please, have bed ends at home but at work so can not fit. At least I should be able to see @dagree's pics before I get home. Following the destructions and havings pics, almost information overload for me ;).

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@dagree There is nothing wrong with Chinese quality, It's the middle man (Aussie) that gets the product made at the cheapest price possible to maximize his profit whilst still being able to tickle the consumers bargain gland.:)

@crustt ... I took one out of the bag later last night and....... Very impressed with the quality and workmanship.
Unfortunately as you say it's the middle man that makes the $'s out of things!

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
What sort of men are you guys?? The blokey thing is to install them upside down and inside out before you even look in the box for the instructions.

Is the rope track from jayco included in the price? If you google "aluminum extrusion" you should be able to find a supplier near you, a 6m. length will cost around $25.

Last edited:

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Well we are booked in at Caravanland to have then fitted on Sept 3 rd. Price in Perth is $810 with Toy Shop discount and then $100 rack end to fit. Cost in Perth inflated due to freight!

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Hi All,
I got tired of waiting for our local Jayco dealer to get the bed ends in stock so I took matters into my own hands. I got the local motor trimmer to knock some up. He used the existing privacy screen as a template. They are basic with no window, however made from waterproof marine vinyl. I didn't have to attach them to a sail track as they are screwed underneath the existing press studs. This gives the ability to fold them up and travel with the original privacy screens in place. I can also use the waterproof screens on their own by unclipping the privacy screens from the van (off the original press studs) or I can use both the waterproof screens and privacy screens at the same time. It works well and takes no-longer to set up than what the privacy screen originally did. Saved about $200 per screen on what Jayco was quoting. This won't suit everyone, however working well for us so I thought I would share.
Regards
Michael

photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
What sort of men are you guys?? The blokey thing is to install them upside down and inside out before you even look in the box for the instructions.

Is the rope track from jayco included in the price? If you google "aluminum extrusion" you should be able to find a supplier near you, a 6m. length will cost around $25.
Mine were not Aluminum but a more flexible plastic that was easier to bend to the curved shape of the lid especially the sides. Not sure if Jayco's are Al or Plastic.

Reactions: dagree

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
$299 for the front one from Jayco Canberra (at Queanbeyan!) plus $10 for the 3 rails - and the great team there even gave me the self tappers I will need. Quality looks very good and they said they had plenty in stock.

Reactions: Matthew keough

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
I would prefer to fit mine with the sail track on the inside of the lid. I'm sure I read on a thread (that I now can't find) about a different sail track that allows this. Can anyone point me to the alternate sail track? Thanks

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
Hey @Marv_mart, could I get the instructions to please? TIA :)
hey nagga's, I did mine without instructions, nearly finished, really simple, glad I didn't pay jayco to fit them the money is better in my pocket and possibly a better job as I am fussy with things like all screws must be spaced out the same on each piece of sail track ect. Barney

Reactions: Nagga's

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
hey nagga's, I did mine without instructions, nearly finished, really simple, glad I didn't pay jayco to fit them the money is better in my pocket and possibly a better job as I am fussy with things like all screws must be spaced out the same on each piece of sail track ect. Barney
We will be doing it ourselves @barney120 as we live inland in the Pilbara WA, no where near any Jayco! As I only need one I'm hoping I can bring on back on the plane in a couple of weeks and yes I'm really fussy too (my poor Hubby has too deal with me :p)

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
We will be doing it ourselves @barney120 as we live inland in the Pilbara WA, no where near any Jayco! As I only need one I'm hoping I can bring on back on the plane in a couple of weeks and yes I'm really fussy too (my poor Hubby has too deal with me :p)
You would definitely be able to carry the bed end cover in a plane, they come in their own little carry bag and don't way much but, but my sail track came in a long cardboard tube that was about 2 metres long, mind you there was a lot of air space in the tube. Barney

Reactions: Marv_mart

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
You would definitely be able to carry the bed end cover in a plane, they come in their own little carry bag and don't way much but, but my sail track came in a long cardboard tube that was about 2 metres long, mind you there was a lot of air space in the tube. Barney
Best I order one then hey! Would you know the lengths they need to be? I can cut them to size which would make it easier when boarding!