17' Series New Jayco Bed End Covers!

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Yes they are @dagree Australian Caravan co had them on their expandas, they quoted a 'show' price of $275 plus $100 for fitting, I have my van booked in for its first service in a couple of weeks and they will fit them then

Reactions: skippy and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
It was the windows and the light weight that we liked. Just need to get the sail tracks next week then can fit them next weekend :)
Apart from the sail track everything (Press studs) was packed in the box.

Only taken one out of the box to have a look and was quite impressed.

Reactions: Flossymk1

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
$800 for the pair @Janbo ... Supply only!!!!!!!
Going price in WA is $900 but I got a discount as we got them from where we bought the van from.

Jul 4, 2014
Engadine
Just had my new bed end flys attached on Friday. Kakadu vinyl, sail track. Near and tidy setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 466

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
They had great prices at the Adelaide show!!
Liked the Jayco BEFs, they had a clear panel under the water proof canvas outer panel, both of which could be rolled up to reveal a mesh panel.
Also like the way they had a slit piece near the top corners to ensure that where bed end hard cover meets the Bed End Fly, the gap is blocked so water can't get in. If I hadn't already ordered the Holiday Annex BEF, I would have definitely got one of these. Looks like a very good design, well thought out!

Reactions: Janbo and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So how is the water getting in? Thru the canvas section or the lower vinyl part of the bed ends or is it getting in where the screen joins the base? Just hasn't happened to me yet. I have reproofed the canvas though.​

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
It was the windows and the light weight that we liked. Just need to get the sail tracks next week then can fit them next weekend :)
Apart from the sail track everything (Press studs) was packed in the box.

Only taken one out of the box to have a look and was quite impressed.

I got a look at one today too @dagree and they do look very swish! I was also surprised by the light weight, and I like the look of the windows too.

Am getting one with the new van due in October :)

Why don't they send the sail track with the actual cover? The one that the Jayco dealer unpacked today didn't come with a sail track either..

Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
So how is the water getting in? Thru the canvas section or the lower vinyl part of the bed ends or is it getting in where the screen joins the base? Just hasn't happened to me yet. I have reproofed the canvas though.​
For me, the water was getting in when it dripped off the top corner of the lid onto the canvas (non water proofed) section of the bed end. The rain was straight down. The new BEF blocks this off as well as prevents water hitting the canvas when windy or strong winds blow the rain against the bed end. We were lucky in Pt Macquarie that the rain storm was short and vertical but convinced us we needed a BEF. Marv

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
By the way, did anyone who bought and has received their Jayco BEFs receive a set of instructions or were they 'missing' as I have heard elsewhere?

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I picked up our sail tracks today and thanks to @Marv_mart confirming that I was on the right track (No pun intended!!!) will be fitting the front one tomorrow night if I get home before dark :)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just went back through the posts on this topic and realised that some of my responses may seem negative.... Made in China comments yes I agree but time will tell re the quality once I get to use them.

The comments regarding delays of supply of the bed ends and the subsequent delay of supply of mounting tracks is no way intended to be a negative on Caravanland here in Perth. Everytime I called in or rang them they were just as frustrated as me that Jayco did not answer their inquiries or let them know that the orders had been delayed!

I now have the bed ends and sail tracks so now it is up to me to get them fitted and upload pics ;)

crustt

Apr 17, 2013
@dagree There is nothing wrong with Chinese quality, It's the middle man (Aussie) that gets the product made at the cheapest price possible to maximize his profit whilst still being able to tickle the consumers bargain gland.:)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I can remember when Made In Japan was to be avoided, then it was Taiwan, then it was Korea now it's China with Vietnam, Thailand and India doing a run up, now they are something to be avoided ATM, China seems to have improved QC lately and we are getting the old soviet block mob sending stuff.
Pity manufacturing here has been ruined by imports and a fickle public.