Moto Motos 14.44-4 Outback

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Funny bugger!

Yeah mine does that over night too. Scares the crap pout of the kids. We switch ours off as well.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Wasn't humming when they checked it but i, suspect there must be a leak somewhere. Doesn't happen all the time. Just something to monitor i guess.

Ours will hum sometimes, I found if I turn a tap on for a few seconds and turn it off again, this allows the pump to build up pressure then it will switch off.
I'm not sure if there is a good non-return vavlve on these pumps, as they turn on when the pressure in the line drops and switches off when the pressure reaches a predetermined point.

I will keep an ear on mine to see what happens, and I might investigate a good non-return valve to eliminate pressure drop.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Moto.

1 Question. Are you able to set the van up with the front bed out with flys while your still hitched to the car?

Just wondering, as my fold out beds are at the rear of the van. My wife likes the 14.44.5 with the ensuite. I was wondering if the front positioned bed means you have to disconnect van from car????

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hi Moto.

1 Question. Are you able to set the van up with the front bed out with flys while your still hitched to the car?

Just wondering, as my fold out beds are at the rear of the van. My wife likes the 14.44.5 with the ensuite. I was wondering if the front positioned bed means you have to disconnect van from car????

It sure does CR. I can even open the barn doors on the Patrol when the van is on and bed is open.

With the bigger door on the Paj you could order a longer draw bar and it would probably be fine.

The only down side to the newer 14.44-5 is getting into and out of the bed. It would be much easier in your model. But that new ensuite is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yes. I know what you mean. i`ve been in one of the later 14.44.5 and seen the tiny little space you have between the bed and the dinete type dining setup.

If we were to get the 14.44.5 I`d have the dining area changed to an L shaped seating configuration to enable more room to get in and out of the bed.

In saying that, I`ve only just purchased our 14.44.2 a month ago so I`m still talking years down the track.

I really like the 14.44.2 because it gives us a dining and lounge in the van. Great for 4 people.

The 14.44.5 wont be parked at our place until the kids are adults.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Moto Moto - Just went through your last trip report Mate - EPIC... Feeling inspired to get the van out this weekend :)

Nice work Mate and we will refere to your thread now and then for ideas for sure - Thanks

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Moto Moto - Just went through your last trip report Mate - EPIC... Feeling inspired to get the van out this weekend :)

Nice work Mate and we will refere to your thread now and then for ideas for sure - Thanks

Thanks Bud, you guys sure are lucky down south, a great part of the world.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Any updates Moto, have you towed it with the new mighty BT yet?

Funny you should ask CD......................

Well my brake dramas are over and a new passanger side hub assembly has been installed. I am happy to report no overheating, no noises and happy towing. Even happier with the mighty BT doing the job. Holy crap this thing is good!

Just spent a long weekend at Burrill Lake, we had some great weather and a great time away. It was a good way to celerbrate the 1 yr anniversary in our expanda, and its good to have it back. We love it so much!

IMG_1593 (640x480).jpg

seanparky

Jul 19, 2012
Brisbane
Hey Moto. Have just read your forum. Very jealous andlooks like a great van. Have me thinking now and have been harrassing the jayco agent in my area. Quick question do have a pic of the extra outside access you had put in that you mentioned earlier near the hot water service. Also trying to work out space for the van. But looks great an much more afordable. Cheers

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
A bit of an update on my 14.44-4.

She's just under 2 years old still but we have managed 105 nights in her so far, and we still love her to bits. Just spent a wonderful long weekend at Wombeyan Cave Camp ground with Cruza Driver, simply awesome. I just love the expanda lifestyle!

photo (2).JPG

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
105 nights in 2 years! I'm jealous! We clocked up 29 nights for 2012. But work and school for the kids holds us back.
We must make a better effort for 2 night getaways for the rest of the year.
Cheers Deano