Looking to get a Jayco

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
We're Melbournites, and Team Crusty hit the snow most seasons ... but we leave the van tucked up at home and stay in a house with a wood heater and drying room. Never entered my head to van the snow, but @BigSkiddy's got me rethinking that
@Crusty181 we have taken the van to the snow the last two years except we stay in Jamieson at the caravan park and just drive up to Buller or Sterling. Great park with clean amenities and friendly staff in Geoff and Tracey, they will even supply fire drums for a small charge.

The best part was its just a short walk up to one of the best country pubs around, The Court House Hotel Jamieson. Open fires, good beer, great food and plenty of memorabilia to check out. You can then just stumble back down the hill back to the park.

Az

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Crusty181 we have taken the van to the snow the last two years except we stay in Jamieson at the caravan park and just drive up to Buller or Sterling. Great park with clean amenities and friendly staff in Geoff and Tracey, they will even supply fire drums for a small charge.

The best part was its just a short walk up to one of the best country pubs around, The Court House Hotel Jamieson. Open fires, good beer, great food and plenty of memorabilia to check out. You can then just stumble back down the hill back to the park.

Az
I know the Jamieson pub well. We I was camping up toward Woods Point when Butterly and Gibbs broke out of the remand centre, burnt the Gaffneys Creek hotel to the ground and had the shootout in the bush with the SWAT team ... coming off 2nd best. Ive spent a lot of time up that way ..... but never went to the snow

Reactions: AzHaych

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
No problem Bigcol - just being real.....I will flick the Tribeca one day...or get a second vehicle one day. Wife was really against it. don't blame her...really over borrowing money - particularly for cars. We are trying to stay bad debt free. If the Tribeca does eat fuel......I'll re look at it then.

I can understand that
after a house, usually its a Car that is the next biggest investment for most people - until they want a caravan

I used to look at it from this perspective

go away at least once every 2 months (long weekends, kids school holidays etc)
what is an extra tank of fuel in exchange for the peace and views you get when away

that suited me for ages - except 200B wagon went to HQ wagon to HZ wagon to petrol Cruiser to diesel cruiser to petrol patrol to diesel patrol etc etc etc

depends on what your lifestyle is, and what you want it to be,

Reactions: McKenzie and dagree

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
So far I'm getting underslung axles, upgraded fridge and ac. Bed converter, privacy curtain to double bed.
Thinking to move jockey wheel to center. Power wire for future reverse camera. And asking about power point locations.
Signed contract and posted back.

Reactions: bigcol