Swift It has arrived.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
We picked up the new Jayco Swift yesterday afternoon. Took 2 hours for the hand over.
No pictures as yet. I drove into the drive and did a 3 point turn. We have a concrete yard at the front and by flicking the back of the van around as I drove in, I was able to reverse the Swift up the side of the house. That makes no sense at all, but it worked.
It is good to know that I haven't lost my touch. It is almost 20 years since I reversed a caravan and that one was a 25 footer. This one is a breeze to reverse and goes exactly where you point it.
By the way, am I the only one with a pop top? Sure is quiet and lonely in here.
Stan

Reactions: Relle & Mark

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Welcome Stan, :yo:

others will follow & join up soon enough, this is a very friendly forum with loads of great info.

It must be a relief to know your backing skills haven't diminished.

Reactions: blacky

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Look forward to the photos Stan.

You are not alone, there is more and more members now with vans other than expandas, everyone is welcome :grouphug:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Welcome Stan, these skills you have in reversing must be caught on video and posted up so we can all see.

Would love to see some photos of your new van too.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Welcome Stan. Don't feel lonely. We all have common interests on this site. I'm sure you will bring many fresh insights and add to the diversity on the site.

May 12, 2013
Port Hedland
We picked up the new Jayco Swift yesterday afternoon. Took 2 hours for the hand over.
No pictures as yet. I drove into the drive and did a 3 point turn. We have a concrete yard at the front and by flicking the back of the van around as I drove in, I was able to reverse the Swift up the side of the house. That makes no sense at all, but it worked.
It is good to know that I haven't lost my touch. It is almost 20 years since I reversed a caravan and that one was a 25 footer. This one is a breeze to reverse and goes exactly where you point it.
By the way, am I the only one with a pop top? Sure is quiet and lonely in here.
Stan

Hey stan

i ve just joined the forum. I ve got a swan.

We love it. It takes a bit longer to set up but it is a great way to camp. You really feel like your still camping plus being up high and windows all round really makes it feel open and roomy.

I can't wait for our next trip.

Rob

Reactions: blacky

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Welcome Stan, enjoy the new rig mate. Don't spend all your time ogling and cleaning it in the backyard. Get out and use it!!!!

Memem

Apr 29, 2013
You're not lonely....we have a 2011 Eagle, our second Eagle. :) . I would've thought we'd have our own forum and wouldn't have to tag along with the Expandas. Congrats on your camper!

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Wow, this is an old thread. So old I had forgotten I even started it.
My two sense worth. I am more than happy to tag along with the Expandas. We are all Jayco after all. And even more so, last November there was a Victoria meet and greet at Sheepyard Flats. I asked if a bloke with a Jayco Swift with a blind missus and three rug rats could tag along. I was more than welcomed despite the difficulties we encountered along the way. We all had a blast and I learnt so much from them. Yep, I ain't complaining. When I ask a question, I get an answer. When I ask advise I get it. And all with no hint of judgement at all.
And as to the meet and greet? Well, I am going back out to Sheepyard Flat again this year in November/December for 5 days. I havent set the date yet but any one who wants to tag along are more than welcome. I aim to burn some bangers and visit every hgut in that area I can and also to look at a couple of camp grounds.

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
G'day Stan, might be interested in meet up as we have not stayed at sheep yard yet. From memory cruza driver was one of if not the person who organised the last meet and a good time was had by all from feedback I've read.
Cheers
greynt

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Hi all

I am about to purchase a Swift off-road in Nov here in Perth. We had a look at one at the yard and the wife loved it. Since my kids won't be coming with us much, you know no internet and all, we figured the Swift is just right for us as we like to go off road a lot and being able to tow the camper on windy bush tracks is a must for us.

I'll post picts once I pick it up but that might not be until the new year depending on delivery times to Perth. Jayco sell out of them fast here.

Last edited:
Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all

I am about to purchase a Swan off-road in Nov here in Perth. We had a look at one at the yard and the wife loved it. Since my kids won't be coming with us much, you know no internet and all, we figured the Swift is just right for us as we like to go off road a lot and being able to tow the camper on windy bush tracks is a must for us.

I'll post picts once I pick it up but that might not be until the new year depending on delivery times to Perth. Jayco sell out of them fast here.

Sound's great!!

Bet the kids change their minds when you get it :)!

Where is the first trip planned?

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Sound's great!!

Bet the kids change their minds when you get it :)!

Where is the first trip planned?

We have a couple of trips planned. I just brought a Pajero NW Platinum and wanted something nicer to camp in than the camper trailer we have so thought the next logical step was a Swift. We'll probably go somewhere close to Perth, possibly Guilderton to christen the camper early in the new year. Then we want to do the Holland track again around Easter maybe. Then Karijini for three weeks in 2014 (maybe) or the following year depending on my daughters school holidays workout. Definitely taking it down to Dunsborough at least a couple of times during the next year as we love it down there.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Finally my Swift will be ready to pickup tomorrow from Jayco! Woohoo! I'll post picts when I get it home.