Swift It has arrived.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Excellent Mintox. But did you get the Swan or the Swift? I have the Swift. I have done a mod or two. Nothing too adventurous mind you. And when I move the van there is another to go.
And just for the record, the 28th November this year, that's next week, me and my boy are going to Sheepyard Flat. that's about 1/2 hour or so east of Mansfield. Staying for 4 days then home. That is providing the weather is kind. If it is wet, we are going to Echuca. Never been there.
But please can you clear up what the van is. I know they have made some changes since we got ours.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Excellent Mintox. But did you get the Swan or the Swift? I have the Swift. I have done a mod or two. Nothing too adventurous mind you. And when I move the van there is another to go.
And just for the record, the 28th November this year, that's next week, me and my boy are going to Sheepyard Flat. that's about 1/2 hour or so east of Mansfield. Staying for 4 days then home. That is providing the weather is kind. If it is wet, we are going to Echuca. Never been there.
But please can you clear up what the van is. I know they have made some changes since we got ours.

Got a Swift. Swan would never fit into my yard or garage. Just as well I thought about that when I was talking to the salesman. See pict. I was surprised the Paj didnt sag as much in the arse as I thought she would with stock coils and shocks. Then again the Swift isn't exactly heavy on the ball and the Paj towed it like a boss.

Attachments

• PajAndJaycoSwift.jpg
    PajAndJaycoSwift.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 359
Reactions: bigcol and blacky

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Got a Swift. Swan would never fit into my yard or garage. Just as well I thought about that when I was talking to the salesman. See pict. I was surprised the Paj didnt sag as much in the arse as I thought she would with stock coils and shocks. Then again the Swift isn't exactly heavy on the ball and the Paj towed it like a boss.

I'll set it up this week and take some more picts of it if you are interested. I didn't mod it that much. I think they have switched the sink around so that its near the bed and the stove is near the door. Tap on the A frame plus gas bayonet for external BBQ and roof rack for our kayaks plus bag end flys and good quality local side awning.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I had a look at the Swift Outback at the Dandenong show a while ago. I couldn't really see much change at all. I was looking at doing the mods to make mine an outback. But can't. I can change the springs from over to under the axle but that's all. I also think your bed flys are different to mine as well. As a camper the Swift is excellent. It just is time consuming packing up. Especially if you use the bed flys, which I do.
Before I got the 80 series cruiser I have now, I had a 2010 Mitsubishi Challenger. That didn't sag at all. In fact you will find the Swift tows brilliantly. We have been to Adelaide and back and half the time didn't know it was there. It cost me an extra litre per 100 kilometres to tow. Again excellent. The only thing I did was to go buy a set of truck mirrors for the Challenger. I kept those when I got the 80 series.
One thing my dealer did stress when we did the hand over was weight. He said to me I need to be very concious about how much I put in it. Said it is so easy to overload it.
One more little thing. I have the modec fridge I think it is. Watch the temperature settings. Other wise you may find frozen eggs. The gas and 240 electric are dynamite. The 12 volt cycle on mine works ONLY when I have the car attached with the motor running. I have a battery in the Swift but still the fridge does not work on the 12 volt with that. Only with the car attached and the motor running.
We have now 9 days till we take off. And of course I am not counting am I.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
I had a look at the Swift Outback at the Dandenong show a while ago. I couldn't really see much change at all. I was looking at doing the mods to make mine an outback. But can't. I can change the springs from over to under the axle but that's all. I also think your bed flys are different to mine as well. As a camper the Swift is excellent. It just is time consuming packing up. Especially if you use the bed flys, which I do.
Before I got the 80 series cruiser I have now, I had a 2010 Mitsubishi Challenger. That didn't sag at all. In fact you will find the Swift tows brilliantly. We have been to Adelaide and back and half the time didn't know it was there. It cost me an extra litre per 100 kilometres to tow. Again excellent. The only thing I did was to go buy a set of truck mirrors for the Challenger. I kept those when I got the 80 series.
One thing my dealer did stress when we did the hand over was weight. He said to me I need to be very concious about how much I put in it. Said it is so easy to overload it.
One more little thing. I have the modec fridge I think it is. Watch the temperature settings. Other wise you may find frozen eggs. The gas and 240 electric are dynamite. The 12 volt cycle on mine works ONLY when I have the car attached with the motor running. I have a battery in the Swift but still the fridge does not work on the 12 volt with that. Only with the car attached and the motor running.
We have now 9 days till we take off. And of course I am not counting am I.

Yeah same for my fridge. While connected to the car it will only run off the car battery. Unhitched it'll run on gas or battery (assuming no mains) but of course better to run fridge on gas and lights on battery. Did yours come pre-fitted for solar? I was averaging about 10.4litres on the way home and into a bloody great headwind.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
Haha i dream of 10.4l/100kms.... Thats about half of what my prado chews!

Well lets wait and see what I get with trailer loaded with food, water, and the car with fuel. I'm betting I'll get around 12 or so highway. Anyway thats why Prado's come with a 180 litre fuel tank. The Pajero is a gay 88 litres. Its not like there isn't a ton of room under the bloody car they could have made the tank at least 100 litres.

Reactions: blacky

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
That's where you need one of those Woolies Reward cards. I can sometimes get 15 cents of my fuel.
Had to replace the catch for the water fill the other day. Flimsey plastic.
And now there is 6 days to go.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
We'll I had time to set the camper up at home to see if I remembered how to do it. Firstly I found the numpties hadn't fixed my external gas bayonet properly so I had to repair that by redrilling the holes and mounting it. Then when I checked the double GPO I asked them to fit under the main bench seat they had installed it but not wired it up. That really don't be rude me off. I payed them to do the work and to to add insult the clown on the phone didn't believe me when I said it wasn't working " it says they fitted and tested it" we'll guess what SFB, it wasn't wired in. Now I have to take it back in my time to have them "actually" fit it this time round. I have read about Jaycos slack attention to detail but really when you spend 20000 I at least expect everything to be perfect or what's the point in having a predelivery inspection?

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
See, that is different to my experience here in Frankston. I had a big issue with a fridge. 3 days out from my first trip and Page Bros were willing to come out and help me. Again, I had an issue with the original bag awning. You know, the one that goes on the side of the van? Here I am scratching my head, and other parts that will remain nameless, and again they came out ansd were a big help. Only real complaint I had was in the parts department, but even there I got help.
Yes, there is an issue with quality control and that needs to be addressed. But service I have found reasonable. I do hope your situation gets resolved coz that can impact on the enjoyment of the van.

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
See, that is different to my experience here in Frankston. I had a big issue with a fridge. 3 days out from my first trip and Page Bros were willing to come out and help me. Again, I had an issue with the original bag awning. You know, the one that goes on the side of the van? Here I am scratching my head, and other parts that will remain nameless, and again they came out ansd were a big help. Only real complaint I had was in the parts department, but even there I got help.
Yes, there is an issue with quality control and that needs to be addressed. But service I have found reasonable. I do hope your situation gets resolved coz that can impact on the enjoyment of the van.

Yeah I am a bit disappointed in their service, not the van and its parts. I find the fittings etc to be of good quality but their workmanship or attention to detail is lacking a bit. I also found that the brake wires for the left wheel were hanging loose and would have caught on something if I had gone down a bush track. I cable tied them up and generally rearranged things to my standards. I guess I am hard to please!:D

Mintox

Oct 20, 2013
Perth
....Or when you stop drooling and fiddling about long enough to find your camera.

Yeah I know but I cant help myself I need to find mistakes now! Well I'll pop it up this weekend to do the wiring myself. At least I know it'll be done right. Take some picts then. Need some ideas on how to mount the pole holder. It fowls the rear legs when I retract them up although they dont hang down any more than the front ones.