14' Series Heating van when free camping

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Camped tonight at Jericho Qld. Expecting that we won't be using the diesel heater again this trip. Mostly free, low cost or donation camping. Has been used every night for between a couple of hours and all night since being at a site South of the Devils Marbles many weeks ago. So tonight I'm using the expander bed for sleeping for the first time since Elliott waterhole. Could not give a higher value for money rating to the diesel heater. Ease of use, economy, nothing explosive, low drain on battery, very quiet after initial heating, heating ability, able to be refilled while refuelling vehicle, not tied to mains power, happy wife, all brilliant.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Camped tonight at Jericho Qld. Expecting that we won't be using the diesel heater again this trip. Mostly free, low cost or donation camping. Has been used every night for between a couple of hours and all night since being at a site South of the Devils Marbles many weeks ago. So tonight I'm using the expander bed for sleeping for the first time since Elliott waterhole. Could not give a higher value for money rating to the diesel heater. Ease of use, economy, nothing explosive, low drain on battery, very quiet after initial heating, heating ability, able to be refilled while refuelling vehicle, not tied to mains power, happy wife, all brilliant.
You know @Crusty181 has one ? ;)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You know @Crusty181 has one ? ;)
Was that a guess ???
20141113_133143 copy3.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I hear ya @PhilD ... the only thing better than one diesel heater is two. I think you lost you way with the Ranger comment tho; bit cheeky trying to slip that one through ;)

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I hear ya @PhilD ... the only thing better than one diesel heater is two. I think you lost you way with the Ranger comment tho; bit cheeky trying to slip that one through ;)
If you've read my story on the debacle of last years intended trip then actually getting through a whole trip with no car troubles was a satisfying achievement. Down to SA, up through Vic, across through NSW to Coffs, back across the GDR, right up through Toowoomba just ahead of the snow on the New England Hwy, Gayndah, across to Maryborough, back through Gayndah and on to Dululu and the Capricorn Way, Longreach, Mt Isa, 3 Ways and home. We even made it down the Waterfall Way from Dorrigo to Bellingen without kissing the guard rails with van or car. Must take some Valium and watch the recording from the car camera for that last bit some time to remind me why we didn't go back up that way. Thankfully I didn't have the in car voice recording getting my expletives. No we're back home I might get to do a better trip report, with limited pics.