Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
You may need to be very careful. This is what I understand, but I may well be wrong.

They have clearly stated the term "primary residence" If you have more than two residences you cannot travel to the ones that are not your primary residence. Where are you enrolled?

But there is currently an exception for people who live in Melbourne to continue with their holiday. So, it may be that you can stay on holidays which just happens to be your farm. But if you return to Melbourne, you cannot leave Melbourne. Assuming that Melbourne is your primary residence.

Yep, clear as mud, I know.

The other point is that if you do claim the farm to be your primary residence you will not be allowed into Melbourne except for these three exceptions:
  • Study or work - if you cannot work from home
  • Medical care and caregiving
  • Shopping for essentials
I bet there will be thousands of people who will escape Melbourne before midnight tomorrow to start their holidays and not intending to come back until it is all clear.

I was tempted, but we have both decided to retreat behind the ramparts of Fortress Mike.

take care
Mike
Yes Mike, but the amusing thing is the farm address "appears" to be my primary residence because on paper most of my stuff is addressed there.

We're home now, and i have plenty of work to do to keep me occupied. With zero purchase restrictions in nsw we bought up big and wont need to visit a supermarket for at least a month. On our 3 day meander homeward, there was a constant stream of Vic caravans charging toward nsw to beat the lockout, only the slow to react dummies didnt get into gear before hand.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Yes Mike, but the amusing thing is the farm address "appears" to be my primary residence because on paper most of my stuff is addressed there.

We're home now, and i have plenty of work to do to keep me occupied. With zero purchase restrictions in nsw we bought up big and wont need to visit a supermarket for at least a month. On our 3 day meander homeward, there was a constant stream of Vic caravans charging toward nsw to beat the lockout, only the slow to react dummies didnt get into gear before hand.
Hi @Crusty181,

work-related tax deductions might also come into play.

The ones that didn't get over the border, left today to invade regional Victoria making sure they spread it around the whole State.
So all of Victoria will be in lockdown in 14 days time. And NSW regional areas will also be hit.

This outbreak is in the community. Cases in Monash have been really low all through so far. Jumped to 5 yesterday and 12 today.
That is exponential growth. So there is a reasonable chance that a lot of campers leaving Victoria are already infected.
Given that a reasonable number of campers are selfish di**heads. You can be assured that they will not give a toss about spreading the virus.

I could have got out today. I even had an offer from a dear friend in Port Hedland to go stay with them for 4-6 months and get out of Melbourne.
But we have dug in at Fort Mike, for better or for worse. It might be a decision I will regret.

take care
Mike

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Hi @Crusty181,

The ones that didn't get over the border, left today to invade regional Victoria making sure they spread it around the whole State.
So all of Victoria will be in lockdown in 14 days time. And NSW regional areas will also be hit.

This outbreak is in the community. Cases in Monash have been really low all through so far. Jumped to 5 yesterday and 12 today.
That is exponential growth. So there is a reasonable chance that a lot of campers leaving Victoria are already infected.
Given that a reasonable number of campers are selfish di**heads. You can be assured that they will not give a toss about spreading the virus.

I could have got out today. I even had an offer from a dear friend in Port Hedland to go stay with them for 4-6 months and get out of Melbourne.
But we have dug in at Fort Mike, for better or for worse. It might be a decision I will regret.

take care
Mike

Regrettably Mike @mikerezny what you say could be true if a lot of Melbournians have fled the Melbourne area for holiday areas in Victoria. If there is a flair up in some of those spots, Victoria will be in deep "doo doo". Now the Premier of NSW is getting worried about the spread and the number of thoughtless people trying to get out of Victoria by crossing the border. The next thing, if NSW gets a couple of flair-ups, our Qld Premier will have to put up the road blocks to NSW and Vic travellers wanting to get into covid free Queensland. Tough job for those policing the NSW/Qld border in working out who to let in and who to turn back. More than 750 were denied entry and turned back the other day and 39 forced into compulsory quarantine AT THEIR EXPENSE. And that was before the latest increase in Victoria AND the debacle at Sydney airport in letting 40 odd passengers off a plane from Melbourne depart before being checked. Another "Ruby Princess" outbreak!!!! I fear a long and protracted battle with this virus and involving nearly all states as travellers spread the covid-19 because (some) people refuse to abide by the rules for the good of everybody. I do not want my caravanning to be curtailed because others' failure to do the right thing!!! Good luck in keeping the marauders away from "Fortress Mike"!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I fear Anna may shut up shop again if the NSWelshmen get contaminated....,,,,,,,,, all jokes aside it is truly a sad event, I know we will come thru it but it may take more hardship by some.
Fella at the club was banging on about the numbers but I pointed out its not the numbers now, its how many the hospital system can handle, once that is reached then it hits the fan big time , surprisingly he suddenly saw what I was on about when I cross referenced to road use in holiday times....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The latest Border restrictions QLD posted https://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/latest-covid19-restrictions-queensland.12285/page-5

As I think I stated somewhere the QLD Road Map and the actual bulletin will differ, if you care to read the new Restrictions that apply from Noon Friday Jul10, then you will notice that no mention of banning Victorians per se just that all trying to cross over to QLD must have a Border Pass declaring they have not been to a hotspot during the last 2 weeks etc, etc...............so @GingerMEGS looks like you could be good to roll for sunny QLD, just apply for your border pass online before you get here, one for each person, valid for 7 days and I would cross over somewhere other than the coast route and leave it for a week...........

Those still south of the Murray, Gladys has locked you in with Dan.........

QLD will now be inundated from tomorrow and the traffic will be horrendous as people wont read the fine print, won't have a border pass and the web site will crash, I think I would hide somewhere fro a week then come across................... If you tell porkies they have some great fines and threats which of course will be ignored and they will all lie like hell, give a few weeks and we will lock back down and these same people will be crying poor as they are stuck here and will buy up all our dunny paper...........

The current Border Pass application is for the current regulation #7 so you can't apply for a Pass under the proposed #8 , internet will melt down at lunch time tomorrow I suspect.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
My son in law starts working for Jayco Bundaberg on Monday he is coming from the central coast I’ve warned him it’s going to be a head spin crossing at the Tweed. At least I’ll have some company for a while until the whole family relocate.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
The way I read the Qld border restrictions is that all Victorians are being or will be stopped from entering Qld.Full stop.Due to Qld declaring all Vic state a hot spot.Absolute shambles here in Yamba.Busier than Xmas.little concern for each other,.My wife was abused in Coles when she told a guy to stop breathing down her neck at the checkout out.I Rang council re overcrowding in the cafes etc they said not their problem,ring crime stoppers !

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yamba sounds like fun @BJM, not.......................

The new regs for Friday make no mention of Victoria or Victorians and the whole thing needs to be read;

6.....Every person entering or proposing to enter Queensland from another State or Territory must:
  1. provide a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass; and
  2. provide an undertaking that the person will present for a COVID-19 test if the person develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of entering Queensland; and
  3. must comply with the undertaking while present in Queensland.
7....A person provides a Queensland Border Declaration Pass by providing in a written or electronic declaration to the best of their knowledge, true and correct information about the following:
  1. in the 14 days prior to entering Queensland, whether the person has:
    1. been overseas; or
    2. been in a COVID-19 hotspot; or
    3. had contact with a person who is a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
    4. had COVID-19; or
    5. had symptoms consistent with COVID-19;
  2. whether the person has COVID-19; and
  3. the person’s name, date of birth, phone number, address and email address; and
  4. if the person is not directed to stay in government nominated-accommodation, details of where the person intends to stay while in Queensland; and
  5. any other information required by an emergency officer (public health).

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My son in law starts working for Jayco Bundaberg on Monday he is coming from the central coast I’ve warned him it’s going to be a head spin crossing at the Tweed. At least I’ll have some company for a while until the whole family relocate.

He'll be hooking in if he's driving I reckon, I doubt be able to get a permit until late Friday and the traffic will be painfull around Tweed, it already is by the looks .......

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
At least I’ll have some company for a while until the whole family relocate.

:D:D:D take him about 4 hours from your place to get to work and 50 mins to get back, Bruce full of vans heading North.........:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,

take care
Mike
A few obsticles btw you and Port Hedland, that boghole on the Vic/SA border for one

Very much a case of the blind leading the blind here in Vic. Nsw has already got a taste of what may well be only the beginning with a Vic youngster holidaying in Merimbula found to have the lurgy.

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
As much as I would love to enter the Sunny Coast, we’re reading All Vics are Banned. Seems like everybody has got in on the “Kick a Vic”.
Yes Yamba was quite busy, just like Ballina is. Saw about 15 vic plated cars with vans heading south. Wondering if that was after the bad news.

Yamba sounds like fun @BJM, not.......................

The new regs for Friday make no mention of Victoria or Victorians and the whole thing needs to be read;

6.....Every person entering or proposing to enter Queensland from another State or Territory must:
  1. provide a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass; and
  2. provide an undertaking that the person will present for a COVID-19 test if the person develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of entering Queensland; and
  3. must comply with the undertaking while present in Queensland.
7....A person provides a Queensland Border Declaration Pass by providing in a written or electronic declaration to the best of their knowledge, true and correct information about the following:
  1. in the 14 days prior to entering Queensland, whether the person has:
    1. been overseas; or
    2. been in a COVID-19 hotspot; or
    3. had contact with a person who is a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
    4. had COVID-19; or
    5. had symptoms consistent with COVID-19;
  2. whether the person has COVID-19; and
  3. the person’s name, date of birth, phone number, address and email address; and
  4. if the person is not directed to stay in government nominated-accommodation, details of where the person intends to stay while in Queensland; and
  5. any other information required by an emergency officer (public health).

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

rags

Drover is absolutely correct in his reading on the QLD border direction No8 in relation to Victorians
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...-health-act-powers/border-restrictions/july10
and for those with doubt read all this page down including the Q&As
https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...-health-directions/border-restrictions/10july

No where are Victorians banned or any other jurisdiction resident, just those who have been in Victoria in the Last 14 days.So if a Victorian is loitering around NSW waiting for the border gates to drop and left Victoria 14=days ago they can enter Qld tomorrow (with a 7 day pass) after 7 days they need to get a new pass.
The problem for Victorians in that state is they can’t enter SA or NSW so can’t get to Qld now.

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
100% he is correct, we just applied and got approved, now to see if they turn us around when we try,
Good on you drover, the Mexicans may be on the way in DROVES
Drover is absolutely correct in his reading on the QLD border direction No8 in relation to Victorians
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...-health-act-powers/border-restrictions/july10
and for those with doubt read all this page down including the Q&As
https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...-health-directions/border-restrictions/10july

No where are Victorians banned or any other jurisdiction resident, just those who have been in Victoria in the Last 14 days.So if a Victorian is loitering around NSW waiting for the border gates to drop and left Victoria 14=days ago they can enter Qld tomorrow (with a 7 day pass) after 7 days they need to get a new pass.
The problem for Victorians in that state is they can’t enter SA or NSW so can’t get to Qld now.

rags

100% he is correct, we just applied and got approved, now to see if they turn us around when we try,
Good on you drover, the Mexicans may be on the way in DROVES

GingerMegs, just be aware that no one from QLD govt is approving your pass. Your pass has been issued solely on the completion of the application. You have just completed an online test and part of that test is an honesty test. Knowingly making a false or misleading statement of claim is an offence.The legitimacy of your Claim to right of entry may or may not be tested by the Police at the border. It is at that point where the penalty may be applied.

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Very true but I ticked all the boxes correctly not lying,
Not getting our hopes up until/if we can pass into QLD. Not getting our hopes up just yet.
GingerMegs, just be aware that no one from QLD govt is approving your pass. Your pass has been issued solely on the completion of the application. You have just completed an online test and part of that test is an honesty test. Knowingly making a false or misleading statement of claim is an offence.The legitimacy of your Claim to right of entry may or may not be tested by the Police at the border. It is at that point where the penalty may be applied.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Very true but I ticked all the boxes correctly not lying,
Not getting our hopes up until/if we can pass into QLD. Not getting our hopes up just yet.

@GingerMEGS , make sure you have all the evidence ready about where you have been stooging around in NSW and NOT Victoria for at least the last 14 days. Dated petrol/diesel receipts, caravan park receipts, groceries, supplies etc, anything and everything in NSW from any town more than 14 days ago. It would be a shame to get so close and be turned back, as I believe they are playing extra "hard ball" for those with Vic plates. One pass for EACH person too!!! Good luck- it will be worth the effort I can assure you! Stay safe. Same comment as @rags about a drink as I am also from northside Brisbane.