Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

rags

Very true but I ticked all the boxes correctly not lying,
Not getting our hopes up until/if we can pass into QLD. Not getting our hopes up just yet.
@GingerMEGS , make sure you have all the evidence ready about where you have been stooging around in NSW and NOT Victoria for at least the last 14 days. Dated petrol/diesel receipts, caravan park receipts, groceries, supplies etc, anything and everything in NSW from any town more than 14 days ago. It would be a shame to get so close and be turned back, as I believe they are playing extra "hard ball" for those with Vic plates. One pass for EACH person too!!! Good luck- it will be worth the effort I can assure you! Stay safe. Same comment as @rags about a drink as I am also from northside Brisbane.

Agree, Boots and photos time dated of towns you have been on.
Ive got a mate heading up from NSW next week and is currently out at Nyngan. He carries a spot tracker in car which tracks his everymove in 10 minute plots so he will be able to show his where abouts if asked. I’m one of his contacts if he strikes trouble and I can log in and see where he is.. Great device for a solo traveller.
https://www.tracertrak.com.au/products/spot/

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Qld premier yesterday said no Vics will be allowed in to Qld full stop.7 news at 5.30 am this morning ,saying the same ,nothing about will be ok if Vics had been out of Vic for the last 14 days as per Qld Gov written info.no wonder total confusion.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
(stupid computer I wrote this yesterday but it didn't post, covered by others in later posts though)
)
I see folk saying Victorians are banned but I haven't been able to find any mention of Victorians being banned, if you are a Victorian and have been away from Victoria for over 14 days then you are the same as anyone else, you just need to apply for an Entry Permit to gain entry, having things like accomadation reciepts, fuel dockets would be enough to prove you were somewhere other than Victoria......

As I said before @GingerMEGS many are just looking at the newspaper or listening to Anna waffling on about banning Victorians her own regulations are not saying that............

As of Midday tomorrow these are the rules; https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...-health-act-powers/border-restrictions/july10

and this is what the Border patrols will be guided by not what the Telegraph, Facebook or some other thing says.

PS: I wouldn't hang around SE QLD the place will be teeming with people and thats where the resurgence of the Lurgy will appear.......

Reactions: Crusty181

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Yeah been hearing the same, we have all our receipts from fuel and accomodation, the boarder pass was a piece of p!$$,
The wife has all pics on Facebook, time will tell when we try to cross,

Qld premier yesterday said no Vics will be allowed in to Qld full stop.7 news at 5.30 am this morning ,saying the same ,nothing about will be ok if Vics had been out of Vic for the last 14 days as per Qld Gov written info.no wonder total confusion.

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Correct Drover, we’re headingvstraight to the sunny coast.
(stupid computer I wrote this yesterday but it didn't post, covered by others in later posts though)
)
I see folk saying Victorians are banned but I haven't been able to find any mention of Victorians being banned, if you are a Victorian and have been away from Victoria for over 14 days then you are the same as anyone else, you just need to apply for an Entry Permit to gain entry, having things like accomadation reciepts, fuel dockets would be enough to prove you were somewhere other than Victoria......

As I said before @GingerMEGS many are just looking at the newspaper or listening to Anna waffling on about banning Victorians her own regulations are not saying that............

As of Midday tomorrow these are the rules; https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...-health-act-powers/border-restrictions/july10

and this is what the Border patrols will be guided by not what the Telegraph, Facebook or some other thing says.

PS: I wouldn't hang around SE QLD the place will be teeming with people and thats where the resurgence of the Lurgy will appear.......

Reactions: Drover

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Strange ,just watched Qld Premier on three tv chanels saying all Vics banned from entering Qld.!

rags

Don’t expect a politician in an election cycled to tell the whole truth when they can get a positive front page headline. And don’t expect a news outlet to use their journalistic skill to research a news item when they can also propagate a myth in a quest to get a headline.

The health directions are the rules that the servants of the government are bound to abide by and enforce.
update, good to see the ABC TV news has just tackled this very issue confirming the intent of the legislatio.

Last edited:

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Anybody stuck in a huge traffic jam heading nth today for the Qld border ,good pies at Billynudgel ! .Try telling the Qld coppers that they have to abide by the Health Dept decisions.You had better have a copy of that printed out as well!

Last edited:

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Strange ,just watched Qld Premier on three tv chanels saying all Vics banned from entering Qld.!

@BJM and @rags and @GingerMEGS , a long discussion on the ABC radio this morning at approx 8.30am explained the whole system with Qld chief medical officer Young confirming that if from Victoria - yes, you will be turned around - not welcome!!!
HOWEVER, IF YOU CAN PROVIDE SUITABLE EVIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN OR THROUGH VICTORIA IN THE LAST 14 DAYS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A PASS AND IF PROPERLY COMPLETED AND ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT CONDITIONS OF POSSIBLE TESTING AND CHECKS, YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER QUEENSLAND ON A 7 DAY PASS WHICH WILL HAVE TO BE RENEWED AFTER 7 DAYS.
That should settle the matter for those confused because some parts were not listened to or omitted in some announcements.
@GingerMEGS , you should be "good to go"!

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If your from NSW, QLD, SA or any of the other states and you tick Yes I was in a Hot spot under 14 days ago you get turned back or put into Iso, but it is more dramtic to announce for the "Queen of QLD" will keep the nasty Victorians out, no matter who you are if you don't have proof where you have been the last 2 weeks thats it, bugga off.................what about a fella from Moama he would be ducking across the river everyday into the virus laden Victorian community then drives up here, says nope I live in NSW, Welcome to QLD sir, enjoy your stay........ "Cough and get shot".

What about tose little joints that are ona bend in the river and are in Victoria but have to travel into NSW to get back into Victoria or mickey verta...lol,lol,lol........

I certainly wouldn't be busting a gut to get up here, especially not up the Pacific, have to have rocks in your head, all the sheep will be lined up on the Pacific, New England and Newell with others crossing at Hebel but they would be the old codgers who have been hibernating at The Ridge. I think the other crossings would still have the blocks up.

The papers will soon have the blurb about Victorians getting abused or cars gettning keyed, probably only one or two but the media will make it sound like hundreds....(always some moronic DHs around no matter where you go and they should be culled or at least nuetered so they don't breed)........

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We escaped to Warrnabool before lock down.. Back home now
Was offered great rates 40-50% off to stay there for another 14 days although Sarah had to work.
I did say to her I bring the laptop before we went away so I could work remotely.

Sad place Vic finds itself in. I was happy we locked down the first time as it was needed.
We stopped people coming back and self isolating which caused wave 1.

Then Dan messed it up.. 28k came in last month from OS.. 14k to nsw 5k Vic and 4k QLD.
So Vic did not do all the heavy lifting we stuffed up using Paul Blart Mall Cops.
Been weeks of them being stupid.. Someone would of known about cash in hand etc
Would of been a lot of people say they did not use PPE etc etc
Nothing happened to it was tooooo late

Will not be just 6 weeks I say more like 12+
I assume that trip of 4 nights be our last for 2020.
Dan has an inquiry he can hide behind that has no powers to find the truth.
Honestly Labour or Libs all the same they make choices linked to political donations, mates or Political points
Amazing none of the press linked back those running security firms to ALP people.
Took a couple of clicks to see one makes donations to the ALP

I have a lot of mates who say Dan not the fault. It is all those people at Bunnings.
Sorry someone must be in charge I thought it was him.
Last time I looked he was not Fonzi so he can say he was Wrrrr wrro.. no we have an inquiry that cover things up I will not talk of it again.
Maybe he does have links to China as seems just what they do.. nothing to see here

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Spot on @davemc , you know a Pollie is getting something when he says we will out source something and blind freddy knows Security firms are suss, ask any Union bloke.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
you mentioned Union @Drover all Dan does is related to them
All Libs do relates to big business.
No one does anything for anyone else.
All the states in Australia Hotel isolation
1594344767599.jpeg

Victoria
images

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Spot on @davemc , you know a Pollie is getting something when he says we will out source something and blind freddy knows Security firms are suss, ask any Union bloke.

No need to ask the Union.................ask the people that work for these Security Firms !
Some of the poor mongrels have no idea about what happens in the office. They are sent out to do a job with little or no information, no training and no equipment.
Quite often the information they are given by the office is wrong anyway.

Reactions: Drover

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
And no one managed them.. I do not blame the poor guys who where hired in the morning cash in hand.
I blame there was no system in place.
When cracks appeared they where hidden and not dealt with.
I think it easy for Dan to blame everyone else and say it is not his fault
Where we have done what NZ did if we just stopped letting people back in.
1594348044888.png

Reactions: KECL and Drover