Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
today, I finally finished (hopefully) my bearing project.
Just returned from a 5 day 400km camping trip up to Melville Caves. Both hubs are running cool and the brake shoes have now bedded in and the brake controller voltage is back down to where it was before the bearing service.
This is good, since next week we are heading off up to Qld for 4 weeks and 3,500km of towing the Penguin around.
cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
IMG_20190831_125400.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was at the beach yesterday and the sand is back, flat and wide at rainbow before low tide, best its been all year, the Jeep stayed in the car park, its hasn't been sprayed yet.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Usually use a waxy based stuff, just not sure this time, no walk under ramps so may have to go to a rust proofing mob as you really need to be able to get around under the the vehicle easily or you end up with more over yourself.....Giving the Colorado a touch up each year was a horrendous job.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I owned Nilrust Aust for 35 years.Both our inner and bottom side products conformed to AS for rustproofing.The black bottom was a black wax combination that did not allow sand etcto stick to.Anybody going on the beach I would recommend getting the inner chanels,sills etc sprayed with the thinner topside product,then the black wax coating underneath.The main problem like any work being done is to get somebody who knows the trade and cares about their workmanship.There are very few electronic systems that come close to working! D&T rustproofing at Maroochydore were very good as were Caloundra Auto Protector in Caloundra.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats the sort of stuff I used on my other vehicles, would mask the exhaust system, wear overalls and cover up but still get crap everywhere, having walk under ramps made the job easy in a planned attack but now without it, it wouldn't be possible to do a decent job............ Some work vehicles I used had electronic systems on them didn't seem to be much chop.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Way back when a FWD was a truck, you built your own bar work and no cushie sound system or carpet, no engel on a slide, Eskies were the thing .............. air bags were something for the future................. and they ran on Super.

BackInTheDay.jpg

Reactions: 2slow

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
My back is starting to ache just looking at that pic :confusion:
What is the 4th vehicle back looks a bit like a shyte-box Russian built Lada?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah the yellow thing is a Suzuki LJ80, new was the next model after the mighty 2 stroke Zook, now that was a mighty tough and go anywhere vehicle that would astound the yuppie off roaders of today and yes my back gives an ache when I look, mind you thats my G60 at the front and the original seats, aka school bus seats didn't stay very long I think I fitted Nissan 240Z or 260Z seats ........................ The Ladas were pretty good at taking to the rough stuff and so easy to work on just gutless.....bit like having a Trumpy, ride one weekend, work on it the next.............

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Latest news ,Toyotas being put off the road and owners fined for emission violations in SA.Blocked DPFs causing huge problems nationwide for Hilux and Prados etc.Toyota does not think there is an easy fix.Toyotas trade in values plummeting.!,

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
D&T rustproofing Darrel did all my rust proofing back in the 80’s Thrifty Rent a car had a fleet of Lada Niva’s We to do all their auto electrical work, the Lada’s didn’t last long ( not sure why lol) great memories though

Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well the stars have aligned and the bride is feeling well enough for one last trip, so off to Rocky Point Retreat on Baffle Creek for the weekend we go, hopefully we won't freeze as we are bush camping with no heater and haven't got a disease/gas heater as yet, could be a bit windy but we'll manage hopefully
/QUOTE]
Go for it Dave, get out and enjoy the sunshine. :clap2:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If I wasn't broke I would gave joined you and enjoyed the fish your going to catch...

Reactions: DRW