Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh and I got to read that article in the Courier, typical BS news by the sound of it, didn't really say what the regs was about but I took it to really be about lifts.

Any QLD Government initiative can be ignored as it never comes to anything other than hot air.

Diesel heater has been getting a good work out recently, a few 15hr runs have shown it likes to burn about 1lt for 4 hrs at 3/4 throttle and my 45mm pipe extension to the exhaust is working well, exhaust flows freely and is a bit quieter, compared to other rigs nearby.

Projecta battery charger played up again so binned it and bought an Australian made GSL 4 stage 30a unit from caravansplus, great price and works very well keeping the batteries charged up, overcast all the time so solar isn't doing much but am plugged into a power station for a few days to test it out and give the panels a rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yo people...........................................:boink:.

Got a call on the CB today, Truckie behind called me up, of course I answered, thinking what's hanging off Big Mal.....:o..........He then asked me about the suspension set up on Big Mal, well I tell you I was surprised as he said it was just amazing how stable and true it ran...:D:D:D.. we were rolling thru some undulating hills and I was letting The Ute run free down one side and power up the other side and the rig was running super fine, floating between 95 and 105kph, he was happy to just sit behind and I can tell you thats the first time Ive had such a call, totally impressed and chuffed I was...............mind I have played with suspension, tyres and pressures for a few thousand Kms to get a set up that Big Mal just tucks in behind and I don't have to worry about it, The Ute had the suspension replaced and now with the new Bridgestone 697 Duellers it is handling better than ever......

Nearly back to QLD, jeans go back in cupboard tomorrow and it's break out the shorts........................:cheer2:

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have given the diesel heater a full work out this last few weeks, very fresh at Texas last night but a glorious day.
My mate in Yarrawonga is rejoicing as once we left it got to 10 deg and sunshine.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I have given the diesel heater a full work out this last few weeks, very fresh at Texas last night but a glorious day.
My mate in Yarrawonga is rejoicing as once we left it got to 10 deg and sunshine.
We have stayed in Texas three times now and quite like it. Nice drive up that way avoiding at least some of the Newell highway and Goondiwindi.
Have you tried the bread or meat pies at the Spar supermarket?
One of the best meat pies around are at a small servo at Gore, on highway 42 between Texas and Toowoomba.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Very few pie shops get missed when we travel though we steer clear of Newell and other major highways even when travelling to and from your neck of the woods rarely on a major highway, far more pleasant a drive that way....... Pie shop of note is at Bingara and the bakery at Coolah on the Black Stump Way is worth a mention along with the Boorawa Bakery, pies at the Yarck store are great and the coffee is fantastic, especially on a cold morning, sadly the Nanango Pie Van isn't as good as it once was since it changed hands, was always a must stop.
The Gore store still does good tucker but the place is looking very dry and dusty with the Highway just littered with dead roo's.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Did anyone hear me early this morning ????? I scared off the Tin Can Bay dolphins I think................. Boat is in water, tied to pontoon and the mongrel, bluddy keys are sitting on the hook in my shed.......... I eventually went for a quick run but had lost interest.........crap day anyway, bah, humbug.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hate the wind.........................sold a solid timber corner TV unit today thats been taking up space in shed whoopee, now some extra room in shed, well for 10 mins anyway now refilled, on a selling mission now, 4 RoH steel rims 3 with 95% rubber are going on the 4 Sale board at shops, fit single axle Jayco's.........this time I will lock money in gun safe as Mrs D took the TV money out of my pocket before I knew it...........................Tomorrow will be a nice day I'm tied up in AM so can't go out on water and arvo usually windy.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Stop it now no sand flies here lol
Must have changed a lot since I lived in Howard. Came back from Gladstone a few months ago and turned off to have a look if my old house was still there. Continued on to Torbanlea and got lost trying to get back on the highway.
Reminded me that back around 1965, me and a mate both around high school age sat on the top of a loaded timber truck driven by his father all the way back from there to Maryborough.
Those were the days.

Reactions: Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I recon it was a hard arsed joint back then, Burrum used to be owned by the union for union workers only, all the old cottages were union owned for miners to have holidays in, I can't remember what the town was originally called before it was changed to Burrum Heads. Toogum is another village steeped in history, I never realised how big coal mining was around here, but we love it as it is, never been happier to live in a place which is great :)

Reactions: G Daddy and Drover

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
It was called Burrum Heads ever since I was a kid in the 60s. There was a coal mine but as far as I can remember it mainly supplied coal for the Howard power station. When the power station closed down, so did the coal mine. Next time I am up that way I will have to go take a look at Burrum Heads and Toogum.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gee, @Bluey you work short days compared to the ones I used to......mind no way I could handle the commuting you do, that certainly makes it all that much harder, a lot of time I would commute to the front gate, 100yds, climb in truck and be at the office.
Not hard to get lost around Burrum now @mikerezny , @DRW could have nearly been my neighbour but we built further south, it was his lucky day.

Reactions: Bluey

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Been may years since I have been to Burrum Heads and Toogum. My Step Father built a house in Hervey Bay many years ago and we would take day drives from there.
I am sure it has changed since I was there.