Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
:boink:
To be fair, you drive a Colorado so your not in a position to make judgement calls on good decisions :boink:
ATTACH]60950[/ATTACH]​

You know I always make "awesome" decisions, good ones just don't cut it, Colorado, no money wasted on bling, a get in and do it vehicle ....... Other awesome decisions meant I retired at 59 an a half, the list is endless........live in QLD...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You know I always make "awesome" decisions, good ones just don't cut it, Colorado, no money wasted on bling, a get in and do it vehicle ....... Other awesome decisions meant I retired at 59 an a half, the list is endless........live in QLD...
Ok, note to self. No Bling, retire at 59 and 5 months. Beat @Drover. I just cant get a Colorado ..... just cant see that as a win ;)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A used tray is the way to go, make sure it is not a light weigh job and hasn't any twist in it, with the shed just check the material is at least 2.5mm and is folded around the openings not riveted mouldings, full size SS piano hinges of the large variety for the doors which also should have a 2 fold edge with a internal brace, every join having nice full welds, no open seams, roof should have some internal panels to give strength...you shouldn't be able to twist the doors, some large work boxes and sheds I have seen you can get nearly 20mm or twist when you flex the doors, not good at all, poor design and thin alloy..........I notice the price of a shed like mine has dropped since I last checked, they will freight and the price wasn't all that bad considering, could always pick it up on way to Coffs they only take 30 mins to fit, drill 4 holes whack in bolts all done....

Some where in here are some pics of when I stuck The Shed on The Ute http://expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-new-horse-rg-colorado.7294/

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
.... Oh, and Ill grab a tinny to compliment the Yak

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good afternoon dreamers from wet and soggy Cooloola...................anyway 2 things today......

Why do we have a pic of a Manta Ray highlighting the "Jayco Expanda Discussions " thread ?????????????????

Here's a link to a Youtube vid from my mate driving thru the Van Park he's staying at in the USA, they are cruising the states for a year in a New Dodge RAM 1500 with that lovely 5.7 Hemi, towing a 23ft van which is nicely decked out, classed as a cute van due to it being a compact.!!!!!......................he's showing why they call his rig cute, some big rigs there for sure...............

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Ah american’s.........
Where did the rain come from, it’s 24 and sunny over here??
388AC97B-278C-403C-8A5A-0080C7BD156D.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All weve been getting is clouds, drizzle, sky clears for 20 mins then back it comes again.......clear skies now with clouds building again to the south...........over it.

Reactions: DRW

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Away again down Bellarine just for something different. Amazing little ceramic heaters keep the van warm all night. Only a few camper trailers here most of the kids running around are in cabins.
Site wise probably 20% full hence cheaper then normal.
Last night very blowy a couple of people packed up annex and awnings around us. Nothing to stop the wind where we are.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They turned up down here this morning....great excuse......I caught a nice flatty and some whiting, no pic I was on a roll and honestly forgot.

IMG_20180726_084339.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and what were you looking at ???????????????? ........................................tits.giff.gif .........( has a time limit before self destruct.)......

Reactions: Dean81

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
They turned up down here this morning....great excuse......I caught a nice flatty and some whiting, no pic I was on a roll and honestly forgot.

View attachment 61270
Looks like your tried to comb it. I get the same pattern if I try to comb my bald head
and what were you looking at ???????????????? ........................................View attachment 61272 .........( has a time limit before self destruct.)......
I cant fathom the depth of the $hit you are in right now ..... :o

redcard.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Very nice @Drover i took my son to Queenscliff on weekend for a steam train ride and when at the beach saw 2 whales close to shore allways good to see mother nature in action 5 stars
Just to be sure im talking about your dolphin shot not the other one
But thats good too 10 stars for that one
Did you see any white pointers on the beach :behindsofa:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Moving on , @Bluey I have found your tug, my mate from NSW stopped by with his custom 79 series, chassis extended 500mm, rear axle widened to match front by 50mm, HSV seats and a huge shed on the back nicely set up, no bling really all functional but then he's old school .......best 79 one will ever see.

IMG_20180727_100540.jpg

Fridge is HUGE but he does tow a camper..

IMG_20180727_101751.jpg

Lots of overtime though bluey.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Moving on , @Bluey I have found your tug, my mate from NSW stopped by with his custom 79 series, chassis extended 500mm, rear axle widened to match front by 50mm, HSV seats and a huge shed on the back nicely set up, no bling really all functional but then he's old school .......best 79 one will ever see.

View attachment 61299

Fridge is HUGE but he does tow a camper..

View attachment 61301

Lots of overtime though bluey.
Im very tempted @Drover, Ive been looking at them myself. The issue is they seem to be a reasonably good 75% option, but from new seem to need significant effort and coin spent on them to make them the vehicle they should actually have been in the first place. Bit like a Jayco really. I had a long constructive converstion with Norweld up your way about a custom Alum tray and alum canopy fitted for around $20k. Nice product, and they invited me to the off road show here in Melb next mth to see them in the flesh. The unit complete would resemble your mates, other than the canopy is purpose made with integrated roof rack and all in smooth alum. Check em out, they look pretty good

https://www.norweld.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-aluminium-canopy/

@Crusty181 would like it @Drover but his wife may have other things to say like no way
Update @Bluey, the Princess said on the weekend we should go a take one for a test drive.

Reactions: Bluey and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Spot on Crystycon, my mate who builds Rods and cool cars knows where he's coming from with these things and has the contacts as well, the rear axle widened to match the front done in Melb as well as the chassis extension as it was cheaper than some mob in QLD, seems not many do and engineer this type of thing, the canopy he sourced from Sydney, very similar to my chinese build just bigger he gave them the drawings and they knocked it up, $3000...amazing and its a good build......................he chucked the standard park benches and replaced them with HSV bum mats, centre console and entertainment system included so it's a comfortable, powerfull rig to travel in, he built a slide for a Genny and the shed has it's own power station set up for whatever is available 240, 12v,solar................and it hasn't done a weigh bridge, understandable he is a truckie.

Norweld do some nice stuff for sure but the $$$ is just beyond me..

Having looked at the standard 79's the rear wheels do look wrong for such a vehicle, pity you would think by now Toyota could get it right, but they do require $$ to be thrown at them and not just for bling rubbish.............

Saw a nice RAM 1500 in a car park today, wanted to have a close up but didn't...

IMG_20180730_122506.jpg