Fridge Thermometer

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
We have one in the van - seems to work quite well except the signal seems to occasionally drop out, then after a while the temp shows up again?

Don't know if that is normal or if anyone else has had the same issue? I've only had mine for a couple of weeks..

Thats the same problem I had with mine, although it rarley came back and that was only from the back of the car to the front of the car.

I ended up getting the wired version and it has been sitting there running for several years.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was going to get 2 of them @cruza driver one for the fridge and one for the freezer, drill hole in door for probes and stick em on the door but found that other one instead, I reckon they would do the job though.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I was going to get 2 of them @cruza driver one for the fridge and one for the freezer, drill hole in door for probes and stick em on the door but found that other one instead, I reckon they would do the job though.
Thanks @Drover just thought I'd ask :) my thoughts would be to just hang the sensor wire through the fridge door without drilling.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
[ATT
IMG_0142.JPG
ACH=full]28060[/ATTACH]

Gi Day @cruza driver , apologies for a post i did the other night after a bad day and a few bourbons, my fingers were typing quicker than my mind.
On the fridge gauge i purchased one of ebay for $4.95, cut and fitted it through the facia. has been on and working since the install without a prob. if you check out my jayco "colin&sue i have pics of what i did with the lead and sensor. made it easy to change should i have issues down the track. hope this helps..

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I was about to link you @Colin&Sue ! To be honest, I like your solution probably more, but at $18 I couldn't argue with a possible wireless solution that also tells me temps in the van. If it doesn't work out, I'll be trying out your solution for sure.

Reactions: Colsar

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats the thread that started me looking for a fridge temp unit, a superb mod I reckon, wish I'd thought of it.
This wifi job is probably safer as I would more than likely stuffed up the hole and my life would have been in jeopardy for sure.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
I was about to link you @Colin&Sue ! To be honest, I like your solution probably more, but at $18 I couldn't argue with a possible wireless solution that also tells me temps in the van. If it doesn't work out, I'll be trying out your solution for sure.
i did buy an engel one but it ended up in the hilux fridge, the strip of wood with temp probe on it with measurements has come out of fridge to hang around the van, at the end of the day as long as the beers cold !

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
We have one in the van - seems to work quite well except the signal seems to occasionally drop out, then after a while the temp shows up again?

Don't know if that is normal or if anyone else has had the same issue? I've only had mine for a couple of weeks..

New
Waiting on a replacement for my first one. Was fickle to setup and once done, was lucky only to have a range of two meters line of sight. So, yes, that would make two suspect ones in the forum.. :)

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
Did anyone else get this email from 4x4...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

Looks like we overwhelmed them!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I`ve just got one with a wire from Jaycar it was about the $15 -$20 and have had it for a couple of years with no probs. Its stuck on with velcro just above the fridge. I will try and get a pic of it later today. Good find though @Drover :encouragement:!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Did anyone else get this email from 4x4...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

Looks like we overwhelmed them!
I got that, and I got in pretty quick.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
:lol:

Lol @Drover! I just had a vision of you receiving a 'toy' version where the buttons light up and musical sounds play when you press them hahahaha :D :lol:

Bahahahahahhahhahah:glee::glee::glee::glee::glee::glee::glee::glee::glee:.......................................................to be continued.