Ford Everest

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Doesn't it make the diesel run cleaner ?
Having said that I would not buy it for that very reason more bullshit to have to cope with just make the engine run cleaner

Reactions: davemc

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Doesn't it make the diesel run cleaner ?

Apparently yes, but dont ask VW as they think all you need is software.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34322016

Yes I seen that ! :biggrin-26:

mmmmm, just read it...... still digesting the story, not sure how to take it.........
I do know that Euro Diesel is a lot cleaner than US & Aust
we buy our Diesel from Singapore, it is cleaner than whats sold in Asia, but not as clean as Europe

I wonder if it was just some tosser in Yank land..........

ya never know eh............?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
back to the Ever Resting @PhilD

were you impressed with the fit and finish.........?
was it a comfortable seating position.....................?

your thoughts........?

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I'm seriously the wrong person to ask for an opinion of white goods. It was all very nice and I enjoyed looking at it but it just doesn't appeal to me. Come to think of it even the Ranger doesn't appeal to me. I just don't see them having any character. My RTV has character as just like the previous cars that I've owned I modified them to be what I want to use them for. Many modern vehicles have limited range for customisation other than just bolting on accessories bought ready made by third parties. There's also many features that few people want or use but you are forced to pay for. There's a recent overseas survey that showed just that. There is also limited ability for home servicing. I'm not a complete neanderthal and appreciate some safety features and automatics but I don't want to be completely divorced from control.

I'm not a person who regards a car as just something to get from A to B, I enjoy the journey. I could have flown to Adelaide for what I'm here for but like this and many other similar trips, I chose to solo drive and find 3-4 days on the road as being preferable to 4 hours cramped in cattle class. Besides, if I had flown I would have missed my chat with the Highway Patrol in the NT's unrestricted zone (another story for sometime).

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
It's to manage emissions. There are multiple warnings as the tank gets closer to empty. Ad Blue is available at service stations.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I am aware of what Adblue does but am less sure of its availability in metro areas since I have yet to see any reference to it in our local servo. More importantly Ford have a problem if the Everest is now in showrooms and they have sales people who have to have it pointed out to them that it has it and what it does even though they have been test driving it. Then how do they do a proper delivery session to the many Customers who will be buying it and are even more unlikely to have heard of it. I would like to have read the Owners Manual but it wasn't in the glove box.

Reactions: bigcol

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Isn't the Everest based on the Ranger (with same engine & running gear), does the Ranger or even BT 50 have 'add blue' as well?

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Ranger doesn't have it as it's a commercial vehicle. You'll find AdBlue will be common on passenger and SUV type vehicles from now on.
New emission regs

Last edited:
Reactions: cruza driver

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
@Tricky, can you tell us what happens if people don't fill it up and if there is any perfomance changes from that?

Also, from my look in the engine bay there still isn't a reasonable space for a 2nd battery, but considering it's Ranger based that's understandable. But is there likely to be a factory option or is there somwhere else that could be easily utilised?

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
After multiple warnings and alerts the engine won't start again. Bit like fuel really.

Don't believe there is any second battery being made available.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Saw one today at Pambula Motorfest nice looking SUV.. Has some room in the boot beyond the 3rd row well more then some. Split rear seats a lot better then the Territory.. One thing I did not like the drivers side 2nd row seat folds forward where the passenger side is split over two seats.. So makes entering on the passenger side for the rear a pain. No idea why it was split this way? Do they expect you to enter the rear only from the traffic side? As that's where you out the kids.. At least it has child restraint for the 3rd row which is great as most forget you out child seats in the rear.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
@davemc thats the sort of commonsense reporting I like...............

obviously it is based on a left hand drive platform........ for the seats to do that...........