Drovers New Horse - RG Colorado

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The smell of wet socks, baked beans and beer..............add the smell of bacon and it's the Camping Aroma, you city people I don't know...

I'm waiting for the sun to set so I can go out and see how my lights work, fitted some door switches and LED's in the back..........bought some 5m rolls on Ebay last year for $10 a roll, work well just used the last of them............ need to buy a 12v to 12v charger (Ctek) but they want money and I haven't got any left..........................

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So you want pics ???? well you'll have to wait................... I've got the Yak Rak on top, the interior lights in the shed work rather nicely, rubber mat (that is bloody dear stuff) on the floor and a rack made up for a battery under the tray, anderson plug for the fridge and one for the solar to charge the battery all done, would have taken some pics but my rear view camera and mirror monitor turned up today and when I moved my rear view mirror it fell off the ball joint and won't pop back on, so have to go to Supercheap to buy a new one now, I'd ordered a clip on monitor to save money, it hasn't.....oh well.............need to scrounge some pipe to make a rod tube for the beach rods underneath next.........................since I can't get a Ctek yet I've wired the Engel up the same as the van, works thru a relay when the park lights are on and the interior shed lights have a switch outside that needs to be thrown so they will come on when you open a door, just need a switch to play up but then with LED's would take awhile to kill the battery I suppose. Will throw a battery in the rack when going camping and it will charge from a solar panel until I can get a Ctek unit to keep it charged when driving.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
For whats its worth @Drover I leave my Engel running in the back of the ute all the time. I did the same in the last ute, and this utes coming up to its 1st birthday. I only have the single original battery and the Engel doesn't bother it.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Here's some pics, I'm over doing mods, been flat out for a week, I'm ready to roll.

Started with a clean skin.......
start.jpg .......................................then added the Shed..shed..jpg ...

which blocked out the view to the back
so added a camera and a screen replaced the mirror.
.Mirror.jpg

...............Shed light.jpg the shed needed light and power........battery.jpg ...and a fire extinguisher.
Not forgetting adding wiring for the Van Cam, 12 pin plug and the UHF and checking heaps of bolts.

this makes life so much easier for everything cleaning, servicing and just keeping one's sanity.
ramp.jpg .....................all done...for now anyway........nope just remembered my Anderson for the solar, oh well next week.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I must admit I've been extremely lucky in that regard @bigcol and @dagree , " eenie, meennie, minnie, mo" decisions many years ago in the military paid off but at the time retirement wasn't part of the grand plan just turned out to be an unplanned bonus.
Never have enough to do what you want though.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had a thought today, scary.......if your vehicle has an extra stop light in the middle, top of window etc, and it is obscured like mine is now are you required to fit another one which will be visible to all ??????...................

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
very interesting

I would have thought YES
but I know of a couple of people who have cut the back off their wagon and put mini sheds like you
and no they haven't bothered putting the lights back at the top...............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hooked it up to the Tardis and went for a blat down the Warrego and the back roads near home, I am most impressed with this Tug, I can see why The @Smergen is chuffed with his truck, I thought the Jeeperific was good as a tug but this rig is a real pleasure to have something hanging off the back and with full fuel and water sat nice and level, thankfully.
Plus being able to see the Tranny Temp is fantastic stuff.
Just wish I could find a workshop manual, might have to go to Holden, nah not that desperate.

Reactions: dagree and Smergen

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats all I can find @bigcol but wrong model and engine, I need the RG Workshop manual 2012 -On, with the 2.8 engine.