Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks everyone had our first night in the van.
Worked out what the Mach part of the Coleman AC is it stands for as loud a Mack truck:drum:
Got a couple of sticky drawers I look at later today.
Need to grab a mattress topper hence up so early ;)
Swapped over the front drop down leg which decided only to be a leg.. Nothing dropped down.

By the time we got back setup beds and food extra no time really to play.
Here to Sunday or Monday depends we going Casterton for rego Monday morning.. Easier stop there then try take van to Bundoora later in week

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Great job Dave. Welcome to the club. You now have the Rolls Royce of vans and clearly are a class above all others!
Liar liar pants on fire.

Worked out what the Mach part of the Coleman AC is it stands for as loud a Mack truck:drum:
The noise wont matter when is 40deg outside .... it will be the comforting Sound of Coolness

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Awesome stuff Dave!
Haven't seen a Jayco spring mattress yet that doesn't require a mattress topper to remove the feeling that you're sleeping on concrete with the reo bar sticking out of it!
Safe trip home
Yes I can hardly bend today

The TV and aerial works thanks ;)
Set awning up with rafters tried out old annex the end walls are too short.. I knew the long walls would be although thought cool put another door there. Although the end walls seem like 20 cm to short. ;( I thought they pull out the same??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 275

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Haven't seen a Jayco spring mattress yet that doesn't require a mattress topper to remove the feeling that you're sleeping on concrete with the reo bar sticking out of it!
Im either lucky, or have no comfort threshold ... i dont find our Expanda bed too bad, in fact i find it pretty comfortable. Fingers crossed, you might find your new one ok

The TV and aerial works thanks ;)
Expensive way to get a working tv antenna Dave

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Fingers crossed, you might find your new one ok

Have to admit most of the complaining probably wasn't coming from my side of the mattress, generally had my fair share of sleeping liquid before I get to bed. We had the three sections with the step in it because of the bed ends and the zip apparently got in the way. It will be interesting to see if they have improved them with the new ones. Got the mattress toppers ready to go just in case.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
ok now have two vans in our backyard.. :) Another one and we are a Jayco dealer :)
Towing home from Mount Gambier to Mansfield 24's :mad2: via Casterton to get Vic regos.. I put these on tomorrow :mod: had no screws :(
Mansfield to Ballarat via Lake Bolac/Skipton way much to Tom Tom's disgust.. 22.5l
On the freeway home from the Rat we did 19's sitting on 100
Not sure we should invest in a long range tank see how we go Sep holidays

We did feel a few trucks go past unlike the 17 with JTech.. Although as I said to Sarah we where normally overtaking trucks in the 17 :)

Will post some pics from the trip tomorrow..

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Well done. At least you're home.

Good luck with the new van. Can leave out the hammocks if the kiddiwinks are settled and accommodated?

Reactions: davemc