Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Maybe a Navara on your horizon ?

Now mate you know how much I loved my 550, but once you drive and tow with a Disco, the only thing I'll be replacing it with will be the new Disco. I dont think I could go back from 600nm now and Nissan have taken the V6 550 out of the range.

Reactions: bigcol

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Dropping the air suspension to hook up in the Disco makes life so much easier :)
Hopefully the extra 500kgs does not make life to hard for our Petrol V6 :(
Be interesting to see how you go with fuel, we went from a jayco swan type camper at about 1500kg to the 22.68.1 that I weighed the other day at "gulp" 2800kg and the patrol uses 2l/ph more than the old camper. That's towing at a 100km/h with the cruise set.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Shane I could live with going from 20 to 22 on fuel..26+ might be a worry :( we might have to drive 85km :)

Already getting some interest on the ad's although if it does not sell quick we thought we might put the 22" into storage.
Then we thought if we removed the Spa fence it might squeeze through. So I removed Spa fence and the James Sterling trees needed to get rid of two anyway for the new van. Worried we would not squeeze past so got rid of all 4 :(
That was so much fun with just a bow saw 5 hours later we have this space.
Could not move the sleepers I level it on so its on the ramps which are lower on one side.

IMG_8824.jpeg

Last edited:

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
ha ha @McKenzie yes I know I really wonder how bad it will be only 500kgs more.
Wait to you get yours mate and the Tribeca :) Disco also not accurate km's to go.
120km range 2 mins later 50km..
Although spent the car upgrade money on a new van so stuck with the Disco/Mini tag team

yes that is true...maybe I'll be stopping every 50km...on the account of a small 65L tank.....soon find out :D. I get 8 if really good - 9L per 100km if do 100km/hr going to Noosa....so we'll see what happens when an extra 2000kg's hooks on the back.

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
hey @davemc just doing some research on Adelaide. came across this (see below) since you are going to Mt Gambier you may already know about the sink hole? if you haven't you should check it out if you have time. First I knew of it.

The Wadamses

Jan 13, 2014
Tassie (near Launceston)
..we thought we might put the 22" into storage.
Then we thought if we removed the Spa fence it might squeeze through. So I removed Spa fence and the James Sterling trees needed to get rid of two anyway for the new van. Worried we would not squeeze past so got rid of all 4
View attachment 34767
Looks like you might even have room for a third van in there now?!?;)

Reactions: davemc