Colin&Sue 16.49-1

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
and here I was thinking I'd done an original mod............................well all drawn up on the bench anyway just about to be produced.

I assume you are referring to the clears. If you have drawn them up , does that mean your going to make them?

I must say consider the covers from crustt, a forum member, as the materials will cost you u more than what he sells them for.

Am sure other members with his covers would agree, and he does a superb job, in a timely manner.

Relle & Mark

Sep 15, 2014
South East Melbourne
Well i have just fitted the Clears ( purchased from @crustt ) on the pop top windows. I was inspired after seeing them on @jacbaz 's van at Beaufort. What a difference it has made to increasing light levels in the van. A cheap and easy Mod, once fitted thats it, they stay on all the time between the external fly and internal solid flap, and can still be zipped open for air from inside the van.
If it wasn't for this forum and the people on it, i would still be in the dark. Thanks Guys :)View attachment 26561 View attachment 26560
Looks fantastic guys :biggrin:

Reactions: Colsar

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Well some spare time on my hands. Took facia off fridge , carved out a hole with a very very sharp knife, and fitted $5 temp gauge as the engel one I purchased ended up in the car fridge, ha that was planned well !

I think the manufactures should fit em.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Also fitted bayonet cover, no need for cable tie, just whacked the ring around the pipe.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Well some spare time on my hands. Took facia off fridge , carved out a hole with a very very sharp knife, and fitted $5 temp gauge as the engel one I purchased ended up in the car fridge, ha that was planned well !

I think the manufactures should fit em.

View attachment 26628 View attachment 26627 Also fitted bayonet cover, no need for cable tie, just whacked the ring around the pipe.
Nice neat job with temp gauge. I also agree they should come with fridge in first place when new.
Where did you pick up $5 gauge (and thermocouple) and does it have alarm or is it readout only?

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-...74?pt=AU_Decor_Furnishing&hash=item43cb935462

The temp gauge was purchased from ebay ( refer above ) and is read out only as that is all we needed. $4.50

Fridge facia comes off easy, plenty of room behind, just have to cut hole carefully as there is not much room for error as the gauge only has small front edges.

hope this helps @yabbietol
Thanks for the great response, now all I need is my van to arrive so I can copy your neat job.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Colin&Sue I was looking at one at The Big green Shed for about $10, not wi fi and was thinking if I mount this IN the door it should work and no wires anywhere, but I chickened out in case the bride saw me attacking the fridge door.
I am most impressed with your job though, great stuff.
Hey @yabbietol just fired the fridge up in my rig and be down you neck of the woods in about a week so if you see it wave. pics on my thread.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
Congrats on the new van order, you may want to print out the mods you want to do, and keep a folder or something with them all in.
By the time you get your van and ready to mod, you won't remember where you seen em all.
Good idea, I have to stop myself making a spreadsheet, a list will do.
I am bit excited about our new van, but have to wait till mid December.
I have already starred to collect good ideas off this forum and if I see something that is a good idea relevant to my van I am already buying the bits and pieces and hopefully will have fun fitting them over Xmas.

Reactions: dagree and Colsar

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
@Colin&Sue I was looking at one at The Big green Shed for about $10, not wi fi and was thinking if I mount this IN the door it should work and no wires anywhere, but I chickened out in case the bride saw me attacking the fridge door.
Hey @yabbietol just fired the fridge up in my rig and be down you neck of the woods in about a week so if you see it wave. pics on my thread.
Drop in for a cuppa, PM me when you are around Queanbeyan.

Reactions: Drover

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula

Thanks Drover, i did originally buy an engel temp gauge to stick on the wall but thought might look a bit tacked on, so with that excuse in mind used it in the car, hence buying this one from ebay and attacking the facia. lol

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Love the temp gauge on the fridge.
How did you run the thermocouple wire into the fridge, did you have to drill into it?
Any chance you could post some extra pics up, id love to copy this one. Thanks.

dark out there now, will get pics for ya tomorrow.

the lead comes out the bottom of facia right next to the seal, tucks straight in to fridge. only only left about 4 to 5 inches of lead but you could leave more out and put probe lower in fridge if you want, but we have only put it at the top to get a rough idea of temp.

ps didn't drill any holes apart from facia hole for gauge.