Colin&Sue 16.49-1

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
I reckon this is my favourite of the "table" solutions... not casting aspersions at the others, but I really like the channel solution at the bottom to spread the load as well as the bolts to lock it in. Might be considered "overkill" by some but I reckon as a long term secure solution this tops. The only thing that I wonder about is the table rubbing on the bed base. Maybe slip some small foam/rubber in between to reduce rubbing marks. But then... if it doesn't move, it won't rub.

gi day @Smergen, yeh did think about a small strip of self adhesive neoprene a few mm thick behind, but wasn't concerned, the table sits out about 5mm at the bottom so if any rub marks where going to happen , it would most likely be a long the top edge.
wasn't really going for over kill ( the channel is only Aluminium), just something neat and easy.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
excellent !!!! great job could use that stuff we put in the draws and cupboards to stop things moving don't know what its called at bunnings 250 for a fair piece could use 2 and its only thin just for a very little gap between bed end and table I will be poaching this idea for sure best ive seen well done :first:

thanks @Bluey, make sure you have your tape measure and camera when you come to Beaufort, go for your life and copy , happy to share.

Reactions: Bluey

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
image.jpg
BBQ door on van bit hard to open and required catch, but the lock was in the centre, found a flat catch and drilled a hole in it for the lock in the centre and screwed it on, all good.

Reactions: Relle & Mark

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats a flash table holder, really like the pad bolt idea but how did you find the spot that had some meat there to screw into, mine felt like cardboard to scew into so used glue as well.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Thats a flash table holder, really like the pad bolt idea but how did you find the spot that had some meat there to screw into, mine felt like cardboard to scew into so used glue as well.

drilled very small holes, and used marine grade sica flex about $20 per tube, "but sticks like sh@t to a blanket."
also sic a on the screws, the channel at he bottom i added extra piece on back edge for more surface area to stick and to screw through so u didn't see the screws from front.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Just an update, pulled out the slide out bbq ( its for sale on ebay ), bayonet moved, external hatch bbq spot to be replaced with a slide out draw 500x500 x 200mm deep to house leads, tap fittings and all the fiddly bits and pieces.
Ordered engel temp gauge for van but it ended up in the hilux engel, ordered another small temp gauge to be mounted top of fridge fascia when i get it.
@crustt 's pop top clears have arrived ( with thanks ) yet to pick from sues work, ( she's the boss with a key , so we will be there tomorrow )
Have sealed pop top roof bottom edge, on top of roof next as uv light destroys the silicone seal very quick.

Pics to follow ,

Reactions: Relle & Mark

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Hey Colin why did you remove the bbq? I have one here to mount but dont want to do it if its not a good idea.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Hey Colin why did you remove the bbq? I have one here to mount but dont want to do it if its not a good idea.

My Advice Only , others required.

If u look at the profile pic its the hatch right next to door left hand side.

Reason are - very low about knee high. is right next to door, not good for smells and smoke into van and safety with kids by door.
Is also under a window, not that we open that window that often buts its there.
Also fat spatter could be an issue if your not a few feet away.
Most people use webers on stands away from there van connect to van gas via bayonet fitting and 3 mtr hose.

Check out the weber baby q with roasting hood, can do every thing, so thats the avenue we are going down.

The hatch will make an awesome slide out draw for all the bits and pieces we carry , blocks of wood, leads , hoses etc. etc.

So i put it out there for you ShaneT , Has any one else had fitted BBQ issues ?

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Well i have just fitted the Clears ( purchased from @crustt ) on the pop top windows. I was inspired after seeing them on @jacbaz 's van at Beaufort. What a difference it has made to increasing light levels in the van. A cheap and easy Mod, once fitted thats it, they stay on all the time between the external fly and internal solid flap, and can still be zipped open for air from inside the van.
If it wasn't for this forum and the people on it, i would still be in the dark. Thanks Guys :)
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and here I was thinking I'd done an original mod............................well all drawn up on the bench anyway just about to be produced.