Colin&Sue 16.49-1

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Picked timber sheet from 'all board dist'. In bayswater Vic and fitted couple of shelves to cupboard using jayco corner blocks. Laminate timber sheet closest I could get.
image.jpg
image.jpg

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
The cupboard look good as the ones jayco put in for us. we store clothes in, so we added wire baskets, this makes it easier when searching for clothes, you just take the basket out. Also packing / unpacking van is much quicker.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The cupboard look good as the ones jayco put in for us. we store clothes in, so we added wire baskets, this makes it easier when searching for clothes, you just take the basket out. Also packing / unpacking van is much quicker.

Another great idea..... Just mentioned it to the Boss and guess what is now on the top of the list for additions!!!!

Reactions: billykidd

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Exciting times, new bumper should b ready at powder coaters tomorrow, 120mm storage tube , jayco keyed alike lock, hopefully collect and fit tomorrow, pics to follow.
Now I can begin to imagine how people with new vans feel prior to pick up ( well a little bit )

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Was thinking of a rail like that but we have an ALDI shoe bag thing thats hangs there, is great for sticking books, slippers and other stuff in which stays there when travelling which surprised me.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
We finally got the aluminium bumper (total weight 6 kgs) back from powder coaters. Fitted straight into existing van brackets , added sticker & reflectors on. Sits 50mm higher than original so bottom is flush with bottom of van cross members. Tube is 120mm x 120mm internal with same keyed alike lock from jayco that's already on my van ( don't need more keys) anti flap poles - in they go. Just have to add self adhesive neoprene strip to internal of door to repel dust etc. if any ones curious - the two tabs on rear have a hole in them just to give me a tie point, and break up the long look of it. Hmmmm now for the next mod.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yeh, need some where easy for anti flap poles, bit of space left for other long items etc. thanks.
And saves taking them apart :) I have mine in the trunk mad up although need to pull out all the chairs and tables to get them out as they get caught. Might just get a bag for them. Still working out the best place to put everything. Have nothing under the back bunk apart from ramps.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
And saves taking them apart :) I have mine in the trunk mad up although need to pull out all the chairs and tables to get them out as they get caught. Might just get a bag for them. Still working out the best place to put everything. Have nothing under the back bunk apart from ramps.

yep in the same boat ( caravan) with storage, used the van couple of times and ticking off the mods and things we need to do, including storage for all the extra must haves, all fun though!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
That's a pretty cool bumper @Colin&Sue . I'm getting my brother to fab one up for me. It's going to be more for mounting the spare and bikes so pretty heavy duty. But I have mentioned that I wouldn't mind caps on the end rather sealing them up in case I wanted to put some poles or the like down them... Not sure it'd fit an AFK (if I had one) but certainly tie down poles and the like.

Look forward to checking this out in a few months.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Were going to put the spare underneath, but the second tank is actually quite a way back so not really an option. Could put it underneath at the front I suppose... but I'm also getting some pretty funky brackets made up for the rear that I can interchange depending on if I want to run a few spares (long trip) or a spare and bikes (most trips).

I really don't think much will fit in the bumper, but you never know where you can stuff certain things. Better a cap and have an option then weld the end on and not have it at all.

Reactions: Colsar