Colin&Sue 16.49-1

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
time to mount the table under bed end, will av a crack at it over the weekend, pics to follow.

as inspired by others………….

Excellent... will be watching this installation as well... Maybe even inspect it at Beaufort before we have a crack.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Excellent... will be watching this installation as well... Maybe even inspect it at Beaufort before we have a crack.
Hope to have it done finished before beaufort, will start tomorrow, might take a bit, thinking channel at bottom, top angle with two catches , no straps. Etch and paint white few coats , always slows it up , especially with this weather.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Hope to have it done finished before beaufort, will start tomorrow, might take a bit, thinking channel at bottom, top angle with two catches , no straps. Etch and paint white few coats , always slows it up , especially with this weather.

Sounds good. Take your time, work out the best methodology and parts... and then I'll hire you to do mine down at the Lake... :)

Reactions: 17triton and Colsar

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Well what a day, planned to make table holder for bed end, but ended up at jayco and brought mudflaps, well should call them gravel flaps.
As for the table holder, got the bottom channel, weld ends in, and a top edge to it, so have face to put screws through, rather than drilling access holes in face of channel, will also giv more surface area for sica flex.
Mount this at bottom for table to drop into , table can't slide left or right as channel weld closed at ends.
At the top two 75mm white pad bolts mounted vertical. Have to drill two holes in side edge of table, which become top edge when stood on side in channel. Easy fit , drop table in, flick to pad bolts down into holes in table, also helps table stop moving from left to right. Should be able to drop end with table still in if not required, no straps to tighten or strecth.

Had to stop to light pizza oven and have a couple of cans of jack!

Pics to follow...............

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Finally got some time to fit the mud flaps I purchased a few weeks ago. Bit of under rear protection, here's hoping .
image.jpg

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
image.jpg
Well a little free time today, managed to get first coat on rear bed table holder, weld a Bracket for hilux uhf aerial, and have decided now to build a battery box for the hilux to run fridge in car.
Have found the tinnie I would like and have sketched a roof rack with winch to get my head around,
Can feel some time in the shed coming up!

Well for now a can of jack, and first coat of white. Opps paint then jack. :very_drunk:

Table holder is a channel table sits in then two white pad bolts lock it in from the top.

Last edited:

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Must say , table sits really solid going no where, really easy to drop away, didn't want to muck around with straps , sagging etc. welcome to have a squizz.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Yeh, couple of cans waiting for paint to dry.
image.jpg
Note to those who might consider, the white pad bolts are from bunnings, make sure you use "Offset" ones so they come in a bit from the edge of the table, how ever i did just break one on the weekend, so may change to s/s ones.
Note ; make sure the bottom channel is mounted high enough to clear the back edge of van when bed base dropped down.

Last edited:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I reckon this is my favourite of the "table" solutions... not casting aspersions at the others, but I really like the channel solution at the bottom to spread the load as well as the bolts to lock it in. Might be considered "overkill" by some but I reckon as a long term secure solution this tops. The only thing that I wonder about is the table rubbing on the bed base. Maybe slip some small foam/rubber in between to reduce rubbing marks. But then... if it doesn't move, it won't rub.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
View attachment 25596
Finally finished rear table mount , sits in channel and locks in at top, can even extend table legs out , save wrestling with it in the dirt. Sits tight and solid even when bed lid dropped down.
excellent !!!! great job could use that stuff we put in the draws and cupboards to stop things moving don't know what its called at bunnings 250 for a fair piece could use 2 and its only thin just for a very little gap between bed end and table I will be poaching this idea for sure best ive seen well done :first:

Reactions: Colsar