BigCols 16.49.1 (HL).OB (13EX)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
nah, all our coins in Wait Awhile are round -

they need to be to roll over to pay for the eastern states
(we get $0.31 out of every GST Dollar............Wait Awhile is bankrolling the rest of Australia)

Reactions: dagree and Drover

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
my pension should be safe if the block head gets in.................

ummmm

which particular "Block head" are you referring to.........................

or dont I want to know

(both as bad as each other, but slightly less annoying than another party...................)

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
A Rubics cube?

But that's more Crusty's style.

And anyone who aspires to politics, at any level, is a blockhead anyway. There's a definite genetic deficiency as they spend huge $$$$ and enormous amounts of time and effort creating pr rubbish we are supposed to believe!

The days of clarity and honesty are well gone. Sadly. The public relations machine has taken over and they think we're idiots.

End of my rant for tonight. (I had emails from both major parties wanting me to put up signs for them...in ya dreams)

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Repad first, knowing you, you will never get around to it otherwise!

a small update on the seats

@Marv_mart your right - I still have not got them re-stuffed,

BUT

man they are so comfortable as they are,
when we did the trip to Southern Cross recently, my back was not sore or painful any time I exited the car
and
they are still comfortable

yaaaaah team

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
just another pickture of the "hockey stick" in its Travel home

IMAG1347.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
our Mattresses both have the "egg" shell cover
and a dooner like overlay on top to try and make them comfortably

it does put a little more pressure on the zip that joins the 2 pieces of the mattress together, but not too baddly

IMAG1345.jpg

IMAG1348.jpg

Reactions: skippy and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I found a couple of picktures I have of the box I built for the front of my Flamingo - cannot remember who asked..........

basically, the pole holder was already in situ, so I didnt want to stuff with that, and had a custom made one to fit around it
(what a headache)
- the guy (a boat builder) didnt quite understand what I wanted, then he stuffed around for about 5 weeks, before giving it to the Apprentice to do, to his credit, he knew what I wanted, just didnt have the skills to do it too well
then I had to give it to a mate to fix the many problems - he sorted about 92% of them
then we got it blasted and Powder Coated

P6030084_zps40440075.jpg

P5310003_zpsb60308ea.jpg

P6020054_zpsaa23d3c3.jpg

P6020053_zps82aef185.jpg

P6030080_zpsbbe3a2e1.jpg

Reactions: dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
so I managed to buy one of the Awning Covers off @crustt for SWMBO's Xmas pressie

such fast easy service from that man it is incredible

anyhoo.......

its been sitting here, and I have been itching to open it and fit it
bugger it, "hon, this is one of your Xmas pressies, I hope you like it, but I need to fit it up..........."

so, with SWMBO's help and patience, we fitted it up yesterday

now, honestly, it would not be me if there was not an easy job that turned to crap..............
1st problem - where the duck is my double sided tape
- 30 mins looking - finally find it, where I had left it after last time - on a shelf......in its home.....
2nd problem - first couple of turns of said double sided tape, the plastic cover has got old, and kept breaking, but not in a long piece as you would want when taking it off.......
- 30 mins ginning around pealing minuscule amounts of plastic off the stickiness............
3rd problem - tube of Sikaflex had gone hard from non use.........
- another bloody 30 mins searching for some sikaflex / silastic
4th problem - hunting down a 1.5mm drill bit for the pilot holes for the screws...........
- in 20 mins, I only found 1 - in 3 boxes of drill bits, and then

I broke it on the second hole
5th problem - SS screws I had, useless, crappy Supercreap packet........ every one of them the Phillips head spun / rounded out - had to find more screws
- yeppers, you guessed it - another bloody 30 mins searching for SS screws

so if you take out the 2 and a bit hours of ginning around searching for the stuff that should have been easy to get at, and find replacement bit for said ones that did not work
probably only took about 1.5 hours..............

piccies for evidence that I did actually do it............

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
Hey @bigcol thats nice!
This just keeps the uv of the last exposed bit of the roll right?
Would you travel with it in place?

I am guessingbthats just another sail track sitting inboard of the main roll attachment correct?

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Hey @bigcol thats nice!
This just keeps the uv of the last exposed bit of the roll right?
Would you travel with it in place?

I am guessingbthats just another sail track sitting inboard of the main roll attachment correct?

yeah, it covers the roll to help protect it from the sun while rolled up
would I travel with it in place - yeppers, there are those clips on either end to hold it to the awning arm

yes, I fitted another piece of sail track on top of the original one

Reactions: Delano

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks good, was only looking at Big Mal last week thinking I really should do something about the awning, added to list of roof over Big Mal while in yard, cover for awning, adjust brakes ( might make that a priority) add extra battery....god the list is endless.................................so if it stays covered for like months on end do things grow in there ?????????

Reactions: bigcol and dagree