BigCols 16.49.1 (HL).OB (13EX)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Jayco QC, always a mystery that one........my TV socket would come away from wall when looking hard at it, one screw into air the other very nearly, couldn't decide where it wanted to be.........................always have a fear of water ingress as I think things will disolve.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I am hoping so @Marv_mart

while we were at Dwellingup the other week, it was persistently pouring for 3 days (the LAST 3 days we were there)
and the rain was hitting on the "drivers side" of the Van
when I inspected it at the time, I could only see moisture on the outside of that fitting where it comes into the wall

as I said, when I undid all the screws that WERE holding onto something
it basically fell off the wall............if it had not been for the hoses still attached it probably would have fallen off

so I am thinking that it is now "Sorted"

have to wait until next years rain to find out now..........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds similar to my HWS, outside looked good but inside the panel another story......

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ANTS

I have found a few in the Van (maybe from home, maybe from Lancelin)

what suggestions to get rid of them
SWMBO suggested those Ant Baits.......... I dont know.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
We had to "Bomb" our last van due to an infestation from a trip to Busselton. If only a few try the Ant Baits fist!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a 2lt spray bottle thing of that Mortein/Raid surface spray which gets sprayed around wheels/legs/jockey wheel when parked up at home to keep the bastards out and it works, supposed to spray when I pull up for the night camp but always forget, hopefully the residual works, so far so good but a must for long term .

Usually buy the one thats on special for under $20 so may be Mortein, Raid or one of the other brands, same stuff either way... keeps the buggers away at home as well as the van, spray every 3 mths.

raid-diy-expert-outdoor-home.png

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Have you tried talcum powder dusted thickly around legs....van legs, not yours?

If it's a light infestation of ants it usually works but for a plague, forget it and bomb.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
we caught them last week when we were packing for this weekender
little buggers were coming up from the wheels, and getting inside somehow

I'm just paranoid we didnt get all of the little truckers with spray at the time

Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just had a revisit, will have to look at the earlier posts again, a quick glance shows plenty of interesting comments could be made !!!!!!!!!!!! also look at the date of the last post, bit slack even for a Wait Awhiler..................:behindsofa:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
!!!!!!!!!!!! also look at the date of the last post, bit slack even for a Wait Awhiler..................:behindsofa:

apart from using it, I haven't done any mods (that I can think of.........) lately

lots of thinking about mods....... but thats about all........

I will have to go through it as well, to see which ones I did say I had done..... and which ones I never told about

Reactions: Drover and Dobbie