Are the innerspring Mattresses comfortable?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hey Mick,

The issue we have is that the foam has gone quite soft where it is used all the time! Ie common sleeping positions, wifey says its knocking her back around.

I find the springs to be too pronunced in the matrees and can feel them quite alot, for a thicker mattress, I would have thought that they would be more comfortable. The Eagle's foam mattresses were much more comfortable than the inne spring mattresses we now have.

My two bobs worth.

bellabelinda1976

Aug 10, 2012
In short...NO....just got back from our first trip in our brand new 2012 expanda and the mattresses are terrible. OUr 2010 model was so comfortable we are bitterly disappointed with the new model. If you haven't already pruchased, opt out of getting the mattresses with the van and source your own.

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
I have found them fine, depending on which side you're on, and also which side you put your head. I normally sleep on the right hand side of the bed, so if I have my head on the door side of the van then I'm happy, but the other way around and I'm ok, but not as good. My wife also says it's ok, but is worried she might get back ache if she is there too many nights. All up we prefer it to the foam we used in the Swan. Planning to get the egg topper for it still.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
We are having a problem with our new Discovery foam mattresses (single Beds) we slept in it in the driveway last night for the first time and believe me I think sleeping on the tiled floor inside would have been softer. I have just looked at Clark Rubber on the web and they have 2 eggshell type overlays, a pink one at $54 for a single and a yellow one at $119 can you advise which type any of you have bought.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Anyone considered a memory foam topper? I don't have one but they seem very comfortable, only critism I hear is they are very warm to sleep on.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi folks,
What about the $229 memory foam that clarkes advertise, anyone tried that, seems a bit pricey. It would want to be significantly better for the cost, but happy to pay if it provides better sleep.
Thanks