18-57.6 OB First outing!

crmmg

Picked her up a couple of weeks ago and now setting her up for it's maiden voyage.
Had a pleasant experience with the staff at Page Bros Jayco with our hand-over. Dealt with them before as we were Swan owners b4 this van.
Kids, missus and myself are itching to get away this cup weekend and give the van the full workout! Will post more pics later
IMG_0475.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
Bringing her home from hand-over.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Looking good. Just a few more sleeps, eh? We're escaping early on Saturday morning. Tanks full, pantry stocked, Weber loaded and feet itchy.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I'm sure you will enjoy your weekend crmmg, it's a great model van, I can imagine how excited you'd be. I'll look forward to your pics!

PS. I noticed you reside in Australia, it's a big place mate, which state? Maybe another blues supporter? (NSW)

Cheers.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I think one of the best trips you`ll ever have in your new van is your first trip.

Its fun just getting everything set up and seeing how it all works, working out spots for things and cringing when the missus tells you all the things she wants to go and buy for the van. hehe.

Have a great holiday. Hoping you`ll get good weather champ.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Congratulations. Another 18 out there on the road. Assuming because you are celebrating cup day you are in Vic. Where you going?

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
G'day crmmg, Like Brad, good to have another "18'' in VIC.

we also got our "18" from Page Bros also a couple of weeks ago and this coming Cup W/end is our Maiden Voyage as well.
Fridge is plugged into the 240v and the stubbies are being chilled, gear nearly loaded kids still to put in their clothes, and we will be off before lunch on Friday,
Bring It On !!!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
hava gr8 w'end, im rostered on so no trip away for us, bet i'll see lots of vans on the roads though getting away.

couldnt half tell your a mexican with all the green in the background. Victoria-The Garden State, as it was once known on the bottom of the numberplates. Cheers Pace.

crmmg

Thanks crew. Yep, from sunny Vic! Head off Friday arvo and on our way around Bright way.
Dont worry Coastrunner........missus has already broken the bank with a stack of new stuff for the van. I thought we already had enough gear from our old van? But as she told me 'new van = new gear!"
Same idea Glen - stubbies on chill!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
thanks crew. Yep, from sunny vic! Head off friday arvo and on our way around bright way.
Dont worry coastrunner........missus has already broken the bank with a stack of new stuff for the van. I thought we already had enough gear from our old van? But as she told me 'new van = new gear!"
same idea glen - stubbies on chill!

you staying for the rest of week to see the last ever bright rod run????

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
No unfortunately! Back to work Wednesday after cup! Heard that there is an OKOBERFEST celebration in Bright this Saturday though. Will be there with my 'drinking boots' on!

Ha....me too!!!
Spent a good 3-4 hours in the tent this arvo tipping in a few steins

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Thanks crew. Yep, from sunny Vic! Head off Friday arvo and on our way around Bright way.
Dont worry Coastrunner........missus has already broken the bank with a stack of new stuff for the van. I thought we already had enough gear from our old van? But as she told me 'new van = new gear!"
Same idea Glen - stubbies on chill!

Congrats crmmg, great taste, our vans are almost brothers. Would have come off the line together.
Enjoy your long weekend, be interested in how everything worked.
Thx
Jas

crmmg

Well! back from our first trip in new van and all went perfectly! Amarok towed a treat, weather was great (except for Tuesday night, where it rained none stop and tested out the bed ends). The rain was good though as it put the toilet into use (didn't want to get wet going to toilet block) and the kids gave the shower a work out.
All-in-all we are very happy with the van and can't wait for our next trip! Bright was a fantastic town, very impressed. Well set up for caravaners and have re-booked for next year already.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Well! back from our first trip in new van and all went perfectly! Amarok towed a treat, weather was great (except for Tuesday night, where it rained none stop and tested out the bed ends). The rain was good though as it put the toilet into use (didn't want to get wet going to toilet block) and the kids gave the shower a work out.
All-in-all we are very happy with the van and can't wait for our next trip! Bright was a fantastic town, very impressed. Well set up for caravaners and have re-booked for next year already.
Good to hear all went well. Like Bright but haven't done with the Expanda yet. Its on the list now.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi guys,
Sounds like a nice little trip, did you get extra covers made for the bed end, or was it the standard end that withstood the rain?
We haven't slept in ours yet, how did you find the bed?

Thx
Jas

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Great to hear all went well.
We have had Bright on our list for a while now. Looks like a beautiful spot.
Sounds like the Amarock is worthy of a look at also if/when we come to upgrade the car.

crmmg

Hi guys,
Sounds like a nice little trip, did you get extra covers made for the bed end, or was it the standard end that withstood the rain?
We haven't slept in ours yet, how did you find the bed?

Thx
Jas

Hi Jas
No we did not have the extra covers made up and yes the canvas at the very front got damp through (not overly wet).
We will look into the extra covers or make something up myself. Also we noted that you could unzip the small extra part of mattress so that it does not push up against canvas.
The bed was very comfortable. We previously owned a Swan and in it we had the eggshell foam on top of the mattress, we have done the same in the expanda = very comfy!