wet beds when raining

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Thanks Soaring. Tried that. Still requires lifting bottles up and out. I actually want to get bottles out horizontally from under bed end when propped for six weeks at Christmas. (I'm basically lazy, and MrsXF has a bad back). Going to cut off the outside semi circle and add a hinge and hasp to the ends and re-weld so it will be a simple matter of unlocking a padlock and swinging open. The clasp will provide the tensioning as it does now for whatever bottles I'm using. (Green ones or the standards).
Nothing lazy about that! Most of the reason for upgrading from my soft floor camper to the expanda is basically because Im too lazy to set up and pack up. Anything that makes life easier when on holidays is a good thing in my book.:) Your idea definitely makes sense. Will certainly make the changeover easier being able to slide in/out sideways.

Reactions: Xpandafan

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Clynto
Good to see another sunshine coaster on the forum. I too have the vinyl bed flies from Kakadu awnings on the gold coast. Mine fit using the existing press studs on the hard lid, I have both the mesh and vinyl flies and just use what ever is required at the time. They cost about $170 when I got mine last October.If you want to check mine out just send me a private message and we can organise a meet,I'm down in kawana area.
Cheers
Dave
do you have photo of the vinyl bed flies i love all the ones made upo but cant afford the $1000 for 2 looking at cheaper options