Mick n Janes 17.56OB writeoff rebuild

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Jayco only ever installed 0.9mm propeller plate. I could only find 0.9mm checker in mill finish. I powder coated it black.
I reckon itS more cosmetic. And thin to keep down weight. A 2.4m *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*.2m sheet was $55.

PS: propeller plate is the style in the banner above
in perth, these is Capral, who do aluminium, maybe same mob Aust wide.
they do the propeler plate.

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden
Jayco only ever installed 0.9mm propeller plate. I could only find 0.9mm checker in mill finish. I powder coated it black.
I reckon itS more cosmetic. And thin to keep down weight. A 2.4m *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*.2m sheet was $55.

PS: propeller plate is the style in the banner above
Hey mate thanks for the reply back will look into shortly cheers

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
What an amazing story with great pictures of the mammoth rebuild. I can't remember liking someone's thread so much.
It was a great read.
Thanks.

Gruntawat

Sep 21, 2013
Banora point
Nice job mate looks the part had heard all about the build but did not realise how much damage was on it and how good the finish is

Marcus Ireson

Apr 15, 2016
Ormiston
Hi
Looking at your thread and thinking 'wow'. I'm looking at replacing our 2007 roof as its sagging badly . Do you know where you can buy them ? Is that a crazy question for the inexperienced ?? Cheers

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
Hi
Looking at your thread and thinking 'wow'. I'm looking at replacing our 2007 roof as its sagging badly . Do you know where you can buy them ? Is that a crazy question for the inexperienced ?? Cheers
If your roof is sagging i suspect the timber frame inside the roof has wood rotted from water. Big job messy but certainly can be done. Might need to remove the A/C

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
image.jpeg
Only installed the right side window today. $400 for the window from Camec.
Also full replacement decal set on.

Last edited:

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
On a side note just started a 2014 Swan Outback for my cousin. Very similar in construction. This one i am making from scratch a new roof using alloy frame and alloy composite. And repairing the nose cone and door and back on the road
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden
If your roof is sagging i suspect the timber frame inside the roof has wood rotted from water. Big job messy but certainly can be done. Might need to remove the A/C

Hi mick jut wanted to ask a question you know who buy the paper laminate used in the vans
cheers

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
Hi mick jut wanted to ask a question you know who buy the paper laminate used in the vans
cheers
Hi mate Gunnersens sell and make most colours though could not match the colour in my van. Ended up buying 2400x1200 sheets from a Jayco dealer. Brisbane camperland had 20-30 sheets in stock varying thicknesses

Reactions: Dingo and Delano

Dingo

Mar 18, 2015
Camden
Hi mate Gunnersens sell and make most colours though could not match the colour in my van. Ended up buying 2400x1200 sheets from a Jayco dealer. Brisbane camperland had 20-30 sheets in stock varying thicknesses
Hi mate yeah tried Gunnersons but they don't sell to the public unfortunately doh so I had to order from a Jayco dealer gee whiz definitely not cheap that's for sure lol

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
Hi mate yeah tried Gunnersons but they don't sell to the public unfortunately doh so I had to order from a Jayco dealer gee whiz definitely not cheap that's for sure lol
You can order any Gunnersens product through mitre 10. Take a sample in to Gunnersens and they will tell you the code to order. The 3mm white wall sheets were $27 ordered in from mitre 10

1756mick

Jan 8, 2015
Nose cone repaired. Rather than replace the plastic nose cone at $1100 plus shipping, we plastic welded it primed and painted the entire thing in stone guard white to hide any imperfections. Just have to paint the lower half black. Fit new flare to right side, fit door, front hatch, gas cert and roadworthy. Havent had much time with work.
IMG_8388.JPG