Dave and Sarah's Starcraft 22.68-1

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep I know you have it all up to speed, you should see what goes past here on the way to Fraser Island and Rainbow Beach, some are scary without a van behind................Followed a SA rego Iveco daily 4x4 jobs with a slide on camper, must have cost the earth and it got up a scary roll at 90k, I couldn't wait to get away from it................it would have to be technically illegal just by the centre of gravity being so high.

Bloody weight is a nightmare for sure with the old Jeep I was leaning towards an ECB for that reason, have seen a few after the fact and they handled things well, cost was a killer with most of them.

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Should of asked other bullbar people at the show yesterday everyone having problems since the redesigned the front on the 2014 model
From AULRO looks ARB, OL and LR.
Seeing its replaced next year be a bit of work for them to do for 3 years of cars.
I was hoping the ARB and OL would be less weight :(
Also check everything extra today was more then 35kg over 50kgs :(
Car seats 24kg
Ipads, phones, cases, headphones, UHF, TPMS, LR scanner, Crash cam 13kg
Water/food 10kg
Jockey Wheel 5kgs

Talking to the guy I got the tyres from he said might be a Smart Bar coming.. that 30-40kgs weight difference is both of the twins.
He has done a lot of the famous tracks without a bar although wants one.

Reactions: Drover

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
Should of asked other bullbar people at the show yesterday everyone having problems since the redesigned the front on the 2014 model
From AULRO looks ARB, OL and LR.
Seeing its replaced next year be a bit of work for them to do for 3 years of cars.
I was hoping the ARB and OL would be less weight :(
Also check everything extra today was more then 35kg over 50kgs :(
Car seats 24kg
Ipads, phones, cases, headphones, UHF, TPMS, LR scanner, Crash cam 13kg
Water/food 10kg
Jockey Wheel 5kgs

Talking to the guy I got the tyres from he said might be a Smart Bar coming.. that 30-40kgs weight difference is both of the twins.
He has done a lot of the famous tracks without a bar although wants one.

I know we should but I've given up worrying about the weight...I weighed the patrol the other day and let's just say it's HEAVY

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
I know we should but I've given up worrying about the weight...I weighed the patrol the other day and let's just say it's HEAVY
I still have to weigh the van fully loaded with all the crap I put in I say I will not be happy.
I have my sums on things :)
Got 475
take out 256 Gas/Water (3 tanks)
Leaves 220 for crap..
Table and chairs. 45kgs
BBQ and stand 16kgs
AFK and bag 8kgs
plate set/Cutlery/BBQ stuff 13kgs
Pillow/Donna 20kgs
Clothes/towels 40kgs
Tools/Tent pegs/Drill etc 35kg
CPAP 5kgs
leaves 38kgs for food and other things
Yes it adds up.
I took the weights from the web I really like to get some portable scales and weigh it all although I think I am getting too crazy.
Next time out need to get it weighed. have 120kgs more to axle weight so always thought get a new plate done.
No idea why they did not max it out when adding the extra water tank. Although 2780 under a few 2.8 tonne towing vehicles.

Reactions: Delano

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Also as looked at my weights sheet got at the show yesterday a Coleman folding table to replace that roll up one I do not like :) added 3kgs :)
a spare 12 pin plug and a magnetic aerial for the GME hand held.

1377562.jpg

Shane Norwell

Jan 11, 2015
Bunbury wa
So ours is 100kgs more weight then yours exactly :) which is weird
Yeh I'm not sure how they work it out. Ours was factory ordered with the 218l fridge, washing machine and foams bike rack. How about yours?

I always thought our plate was wrong as it's always been heavy.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
you should have a weigh bridge piece of paper in the book.
Ours was underslug at the factory so came with upgraded outback chassis which adds weight.
Although 185 fridge? so should be less.

Extras?
Drifter
ESC
gas bayonet
Entertainment unit
Third water tank
Washing machine
Basic Fusion

We added the bike rack bugger forgot more weight :( he he

So yes maybe yours is out you think it balance out fridge vs Chassis?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ha, I reckon that plate is fantasy, look at the numbers the ATM is the GTM with the empty ball weight, so if you have near max load on the axle obviously the ball weight would be higher then you would exceed the ATM !!!!!!!!!! or have I got my wires crossed ????

Reactions: davemc

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
So rang Land Rover they do not do a bar anymore as not pedestrian safe :( He said be careful some bar are too well made and block airflow.
Talked to ECB post 2014 they have not done one themselves a few have been done hence no compliance. 40-45kg I can do.
Smart Bar maybe next year

Leaves ARB or OL.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
So rang Land Rover they do not do a bar anymore as not pedestrian safe :( He said be careful some bar are too well made and block airflow.
Talked to ECB post 2014 they have not done one themselves a few have been done hence no compliance. 40-45kg I can do.
Smart Bar maybe next year

Leaves ARB or OL.
Tjm ?