Journey Bill's Journey 17.55-9OB

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I think the coaster may have been a little easier, but I'm not sure @17triton I am keen, have been looking over a heap of vans lately (bored) the kids (30 and 32) are not really interested in coming anymore so I think a van for 2 is in order

Reactions: 17triton

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Paul, are there electrical odds and sods in the way of installing the frame on the right hand side of the space in your van?
We have a PowerPoint and TV point there - though the frame may fit above and below these things. It's a pity we don't live closer to each other - we could have shared one from Caravansplus!
There is a power set up on the right hand side but I plan to mount it on the left and the baskets at 110 mm wide just fit past the cover according to my measurements. :p And yes, it's a shame about the distance, we may have to set up a Skype session to show some details. ;)

Reactions: Billrw136

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @Billrw136, I liked your idea of the mats in the boot so much I copied it. :eyebrows:
Panorama Boot.JPG DSC_8698.JPG

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Happy new year Paul @chartrock and Bill @Billrw136 (my favourite 2 silly old buggers)
Well because I am the youngest out of us 3 die hards I think I have decided to go a completely different direction and buy a partly assembled van and do the fit out myself!!! They have a few internal modules and I will wire and plumb it as well as fit the accessories such as sink, stove, AC, tele and stereo etc. Off to see them next week (they are just down the road) and will see what we can do, I was going to build a boat and Carmel suggested I build something useful, so a van it is (here comes the divorce). Anyway if all goes ahead i will start a build thread, have to sell the expanda first though, pic below of what I am toying with, full sandwich panel fully sealed and insulated etc, cheers Dave.
View attachment 29050
You will have a lot of fun doing that Dave - keep us posted...

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks good @chartrock - I got the idea from another forum where someone did the same thing. Paul - did your Jack come in that position or did you move it? I think it is in a better spot than mine.
Bill
I asked for it to be fitted there but Jayco refused (no reason) so we asked for it to be delivered unfitted but again no, reason being it would not be there at delivery as they disappear enroute. I moved it when I fitted the rubber mat. Like you say, it seems a better position.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Moved my jack too - also installed second drop down table today - 1000mm x 450mm. Will put it to good use when in Canberra in a week or so.
Front box now fitted as well as AFK holder (150mm pipe).
Some other goodies coming from Caravans plus next week.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Put the cover I got from Aldi on the van today - relatively easy compared with the time we put one on the Expanda. Got a few ideas from someone's post - tied a rope on one end and my wife pulled the cover up,over the van while I made sure it didn't snag on anything.
It's a pity to put it to bed, but we can't use it for a while - off to London soon to check out the new grandchild.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Think I might take the cover off this week - head to Blayney van park - check out Orange etc for a few days - there is a restaurant in Millthorpe I want to go to - last time I was in Millthorpe was when a mate and I were involved in historic navigation car rallies - lots of old farts in old cars - potentially not a good mix! We did have some fun though...

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Well I woke up this morning - rain, rain, wind, wind, more rain etc etc - the cover stayed on! Thought @Bushman must be in the neighbourhood - apparently he brings the rain! Anyway travelling plans for this week have been put on hold - no point in being a martyr or a masochist!
Millthorpe can wait........

Have a good week everyone......

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well I woke up this morning - rain, rain, wind, wind, more rain etc etc - the cover stayed on! Thought @Bushman must be in the neighbourhood - apparently he brings the rain! Anyway travelling plans for this week have been put on hold - no point in being a martyr or a masochist!
Millthorpe can wait........

Have a good week everyone......

Real caravaners do it in the rain:p, but I don't blame you for not heading out in the current conditions would be most unpleasant, definitely horrendous towing conditions. Wonder how many van awnings took flight in the current bout of weather.
I can assure you that I'm "NOT" out and about but laid up at home with a bung shoulder keeping the chiro's pockets lined:(

Last edited:

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Very belated reply - without power since Tuesday morning - neighbour's tree decided it would rather live in our yard - removed cover from van today - we now have hot water and a working fridge - who needs a big house - downside is no power at work - we have lost two days income - BUT there are many worse off than us.....

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Bloody hell Bill that's a fair power outage. How did you go with your freezer?
Well - we ate a lot! Plus it's an advantage to have a van in times such as these - the fridge was jam packed, the hot water was turned on - charging of phones etc could be done in the van plus hot showers. Still have to throw out a bit of stuff but not too bad really.
Unfortunately our business lost power for 5 days as well - one partner is madly getting income figures together so that we can make a claim ASAP - plus able to pay our staff the rest of their wages today - everything is done on computer these days.

Reactions: 17triton