Journey Bill's Journey 17.55-9OB

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Fitted Stone Stomper - Christian have I done it correctly? Comments appreciated.
Bill
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Yes mate - got an extension piece from Christian that lifts the whole thing a bit, so in theory less chance of that....
Bill
Is the red wine packed??
We leave this Friday - Burrinjuck dam, then Griffith (new grandchild should have appeared by then) then on to the Corner.......

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Down to one bottle, will stock up when I get a chance
I have to rip the cabinet maker a new one tomorrow
Have to have the mandatory argument with the boss tomorrow
Have to have an in depth discussion with our builder tomorrow
Jeep going in of 50K service tomorrow
May not be any red left after tomorrow :p

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Down to one bottle, will stock up when I get a chance
I have to rip the cabinet maker a new one tomorrow
Have to have the mandatory argument with the boss tomorrow
Have to have an in depth discussion with our builder tomorrow
Jeep going in of 50K service tomorrow
May not be any red left after tomorrow :p
Don't worry - I will have some emergency supplies hidden under my bed..........

Reactions: achjimmy and DRW

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Bill what did you use for the intermediate support on the stonestomper? I was going to use a piece of 20mm conduit?

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Van is in for warranty repairs at the moment - new bathroom etc - pick up in a week or so - hope the fix is good and the ensuite door doesn't fall off again!! Will keep you posted.....

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I hope you washed it first @Billrw136 I was filthy last time I saw it ;)

Speaking of which, I drove home from Brisbane yesterday in the rain for the firt time since the corner, it has more red dirt streaks now, the van is still in cleaning mode as well, I guess we just have to wear it with pride.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
So what happened to the bathroom Bill? Was it damaged when the door came off?
Exactly! The door did a trip around the shower area - technically not the whole bathroom is being replaced, just the shower section - I should have made that clearer in my post!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Time to add to this thread - decided to get the van ready for a short trip next February - cleaned the front boot - Jayco's sealing very poor - silicone applied, but not actually where it was needed. Hence some dust ingress in a couple of spots. The silicone they use is also, I think, of low quality - hadn't actually adhered in some places. One tube of black Sikaflex down, more to go!
I am also modifying the mains water inlet and tank fillers - will detail if successful.
Happy New Year to everyone....

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
I looked at a Journey at Page Bros in Seaford last week. I was told that for their display models they specify that the L shaped lounge is reversed (from the brochure) so that the L is closest to the door. It seemed to make more sense and did appear to open the van up. I was also told that there are just a few minor changes for 2015 such s the control panel will be standard, an exterior antenna point, standard blinds, usb point, new interior colours etc. The Journey is an impressive set up IMHO.

Reactions: Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
I looked at a Journey at Page Bros in Seaford last week. I was told that for their display models they specify that the L shaped lounge is reversed (from the brochure) so that the L is closest to the door. It seemed to make more sense and did appear to open the van up. I was also told that there are just a few minor changes for 2015 such s the control panel will be standard, an exterior antenna point, standard blinds, usb point, new interior colours etc. The Journey is an impressive set up IMHO.
Just went into the van and imagined the lounge reversed - not sure that would be better?? Room around fridge and entry would be much tighter/squishier. Anyway would be good to see it in the flesh - in the meantime our layout suits us well.
Thanks for your post....

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Some photos of what has been started.....

IMG_1041.JPG

I wanted to improve/make easier the filling of the water tanks and also stop the drip from mains inlet. So I removed the plastic inlet box from the van to reveal that no sealing had been done where the cut out was made. You can seen that at least one of the screws holding the box in place had begun rusting. The grey stuff is duct tape I used to seal the hole while modifying the box. Before installing the box again I sealed the opening with Sikaflex.

Next photo shows cut down mats to sit under the gas bottles. I have also done this in the other section of the boot.

IMG_1047.JPG

Rusty screws securing the inlet box......

IMG_1048.JPG

Below shows the other section of the boot with mats installed. I also had to completely redo the sealing of the
boot - used black Sikaflex.
IMG_1049.JPG

Piece of marine plywood installed on top of drawer bar - I will attach a SMALL box to this for light weight items, e.g. sullage hoses etc.

IMG_1052.JPG

Next two photos show modified water inlet box - I now have positive tank filling ability and the mains inlet
does not leak. Jayco's screws have been replaced with stainless steel screws, the bottom three with a dab
of silicone. I also sealed around the top of the box between the gasket and the side of the van.

IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG