Xpandafan's 18.57-7 - the learning curve.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
I think power points in vans need to be double pole. Not sure if they are although they look very good.
Yep. You're right, these are single pole...back to plan A, I think.
I'll plug a dual USB adapter into the third socket in the o/head cupboard for the iPad and iPhone 5 charging cables and after locating the aerial connection to inside the cupboard, run the charger cables thru the old aerial face plate.
May fix today.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Pretty sure it's WD (western digital) brand @Brad but I will double check!
I have a few hard drives lying around and thought they were all 5volt. But when you said Western Digital I knew I had one of those so had another look... And yes it is 12 volt... Hence it has now upgraded residence to the top shelf of the van. Once I load it with movies first of course.

Reactions: Burnsy

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Never too cold in Melbourne for on-line shopping. Ordered the Fiama 40litre grey water tank on Sunday (from Caravans Plus) and it arrived today.
397546456.691373.png

Waiting for warmer days to see where I'll store it (Front hatch or underneath van) and how I'll connect.

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Never too cold in Melbourne for on-line shopping. Ordered the Fiama 40litre grey water tank on Sunday (from Caravans Plus) and it arrived today.
View attachment 16173
Waiting for warmer days to see where I'll store it (Front hatch or underneath van) and how I'll connect.

Interesting....

Definitely something I need to do, dumb question but how do you intend to plumb it in and what happens when it fills if you haven't had time to empty it?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Interesting....

Definitely something I need to do, dumb question but how do you intend to plumb it in and what happens when it fills if you haven't had time to empty it?

Or a proper place to empty it, at only 40 lrte it wouldn't take long to fill if say a family 3 or 4 showering, I know there is places where you are meant to catch it (eg some national parks etc) , cant really see the point of carting dirt water around with you, all the extra weight bad enough carrying the 20 litre dunny tank around till you can dump. in the approriate place

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Interesting....

No dumb question here, Young Master. Tricky ones maybe!:barbershop_quartet_member:

a) Not planning to plumb it in initially, just make up a nice hose connection and sit it neatly under van when required.
Will then look at the other possibilities including a guage, storage/mounting options.
b) Mrs XF will monitor the tank. It's just like 40 litre bucket on wheels. Shoułd be easy for her to manage.:becky:
It's a Fiamma Roll Tank 40W. 20.5cm at it's thickest, 41cm at widest & 81cm long.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
My son left me with a 40 gallon XY Falcon fuel tank when he sold his replica, it's aluminium if I can mount it under the van it will become our grey water tank, very little extra weight as we will only be transfering from one tank to another anyway

Reactions: Xpandafan