Electrical Where to connect aux 12v with the Drifter

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Okay no spare points on the back of the drifter. My two options for the heater are either piggy back with another circuit or I am thinking of running a bit of 3mm auto of the lighting circuit to a relay. Then I can run circuits as I please off the battery ?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
What brand of gas heater are you fitting Jim? Gas rather than diesel?
Bill

Sorry Bill missed your reply. Seems the forums alert system picks and chooses what it wants to alert you too!

Bought a truma same as you had. I really didn't want to go carrying another fuel source and with the cruiser I tend to stop at truck bowsers and I could envisage the headaches trying to fill a ten litre diesel tank with a 500litre pm truck bowser !

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Sorry Bill missed your reply. Seems the forums alert system picks and chooses what it wants to alert you too!

Bought a truma same as you had. I really didn't want to go carrying another fuel source and with the cruiser I tend to stop at truck bowsers and I could envisage the headaches trying to fill a ten litre diesel tank with a 500litre pm truck bowser !
No problem Jim!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I used a bit of jayco beige wiring and piggy backed it into one of the setecs lighting circuits so at a glance looks all factory. I even used the same translucent yellow spade connectors Jayco use on everything (and I mean everything) and fed the wire around the corner to the battery compartment and conected to a 12v auto relay. I will use this to switch a small fuse box and feed the heater.

But Iam not happy with the relay, the first one was a cheap Jaycar part and it got overly warm. I have swapped that out for another I had and it's better but there's a lot of temp in them and they will be on all the time! Wonder whether a Narva one at 5 times the price will be better or it's just 5 times the price cause it's Narva?

Does anybody know of any other quality relays avaiable? Somebody on fleabay is selling bags of 5 genuine Mazda ones!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@achjimmy I used one of these big suckers for my fridge relay so I could use current happy terminal lugs instead of the teensy weeny spade connectors .... I think you'd struggle to over heat this 200amp thumper

2015-03-11 20.48.06.jpg

Reactions: skippy and achjimmy