16' Series Weight distribution systems

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
I'm one of the lucky ones (!!) with a Jeep GC rated to 3.5t Even though my Expanda is only a bit over 2.t on the road, I still use the old basic 4 shepherd hooks on that I used to need to use with a Swan and a Mazda Tribute a number of years ago. They were rated to 120kg- and I would exceed that ball weight now. I actually believe that it rides better with them fitted, they provide better stability, and it only takes 2 minutes to fit them anyway.

Reactions: Crusty181 and Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
This nastiness is spreading. Mum did warn me ... "buying a Nissan, young Crusty, comes with spiteful envy. Tread carefully, and keep a watchful eye behind you ..... for there be the Toyotas"

Quite wise my mum (talked a bit like Yoda, too)

have you noticed @Crusty181
the toyboatas need a WDH
and so do most of the others,
but

the Might Patrol does not need it.........???

maybe the Nissans are better engineered than the toyboatas????????

Reactions: Crusty181

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I would like to add...........

on cars with a separate Chassis it is easier and cheaper to upgrade the rear suspension.
new HD Springs & Shockies & Airbags for my Patrol - around the $900 - 1500 depending on what brand.....
my father was quoted $2500 to do this to his Pajero - just the rear

so it was more sense to put the WDH on........

$2500 just for the rear on the Pajero :eek-53:, Mine was just under that for the whole lot including the Airbags

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Maybe the others are just more safety conscious and look out for other road users.

Thats a bit harsh ??

This nastiness is spreading. Mum did warn me ... "buying a Nissan, young Crusty, comes with spiteful envy. Tread carefully, and keep a watchful eye behind you ..... for there be the Toyotas"

Quite wise my mum (talked a bit like Yoda, too)

you were sooooo right on the above statement @Crusty181