Towing Mirors - which ones and why?

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Saw a territory with clear views on it yesterday. (Not towing). Had to be the fugliest thing I have seen for some time.
I'm sure they are great for towing, but I struggle with the idea of spending that much money to screw up the looks and wind noise of your car for the 10% (insert your percentage here) of time you actually tow.
I guess on a cruiser or similar that already has more truck like mirrors, they would be far less obnoxious.
As with all things, each to their own.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like them @bigcol I wonder of they do them for Jeeps ? My truck mirrors are okay though after 20,000k no dramas, strap stays tight, no scartches on paint or glass, can only assume bad adjustment on others...
Clearviews would be nice and the time I would use them would certainly justify the price but can't afford a new vehicle yet, they don't do them for my WG Grand Cherokee.

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
HMMMMMMM... Just checked to see how bids were going and the item has been removed due to not being available anymore??????

Mrs Dagree has threatened to call the Prado "Dumbo" if I fit a set :bounce:

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey @dagree shouldn't to too bad on a 120 series.......I am also after a pair for the 150

I had a look on the Clearview site today and they had a pair of 150 series in the pre-owned section for $500 excellent condition, contacted the guy and he said sorry but someone has already got them, asked him how long they were up for and he said about 5 hours.......you have to be quick with these things.....

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
Milenco Grand Aeros are perfect, no supporting arm, very limited vibration, big viewing area, they have never folded in, and take a minute max to add to the mirror. Highly recommend.

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
Where in Perth area can you get Milenco mirrors? The Q7 has big.mirrors that taper out so I cant find any with straps that will stay on so id love to try the milenco without paying first so I can be sure they will fit.

acmackie

Apr 19, 2012
Glenmore Park
Stopped in at Absolute Caravan Care today, they were run off their feet, seems they have a good reputation. Picked up a pair of Milenco Grand Aero mirrors. They helped me test that they fit before buying but the guy there said he'd fitted a Q7 before and sure enough they fit well. I'll take a photo of them on in a couple of days and report on them.
View media item 88