Things To Come

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
One thing I've noticed apart from the background being yellow when your writing a reply I that you can't add any smiley faces etc. :(

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Actually I am seeing a few differences..... Looks like a smaller font??? Or is it a different font???? There seems to be more space on the screen somehow....

But best of all, is that I think the phantom autocorrect misspeller has gone.
@expanda :clap2::amen::hail:
Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
To elaborate.....................

WELCOME TO V1.2 Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

So we are know running the latest version of the software which includes a bunch of new features -

1) A completely new editor, the editor is not patched or anything its brand spanking new and has some cool features like -

a) Auto save of your posts in case you accidentally close the window and don't want to have to type everything over again

b) Drag and drop upload, I am not kidding drag an image to the editor window where you type your text and you will see what I mean. You can even do copy past so CTRL C and CTRL V on a web image straight into the editor

c) Smilie button so instead of a drop down menu the smilies appear below in a box after pressing a button

d) Works for ipads and android devices out of the box no fiddling around YIPEEEEEEE!!!

2) Members menu is know more defined giving insights into the top participators of the forum

http://expandasdownunder.com/members/

3) If you want to watch an entire forum you now can do this by opening a forum of your choice and selecting the "Watch Forum" option at the top and you will get a bunch of options on how you would like to be notified when something new is posted. You can also manage your watched forums by looking here -

http://expandasdownunder.com/watched/forums

4) Some images have changed for instance when you are watching a thread you will get an image of some glasses instead of a smilie face

There is a bunch of other features that have been implemented but ill let you dig around and find them

One of the big features we are working on is "Responsive Design" basically this is the mobile styling for the site. Its partially working but not complete yet and it will take some time to finalize it but we are working on it.

If you notice looking at the home page any of the boxes on the right dissapear the may have shifted to the bottom of the page this is what is working for resposive desing at the moment we just have to get the whole skin to compress down as well.

There is probably a bunch of small graphical bugs, like the information bug under your name the text is a little wacky for instance these will be ironed out with the responsive design fix.

Other than that enjoy!!!!

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I forgot to add....

You may have some of the old images / editor stuff still in your cache on your PC so if you do you have two options -

1) Wait until your PC refreshes its cache and the images will update then

2) If your impatient like I am, hold down the CTRL key and press F5 at the same time. Hold it down for a few seconds and it will force refresh your browser to grab all the latest goodies.

Cheers! :D

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
AND..... Arcade is back!!

Have you tested the web image copy and paste?

below is an image that was copied from web, it also doesn't seem to be able to use "snipping tool" or "snag it" which both use the PC's clipboard..... hmmmmm

and I was using the new editor.... delete all that code once you have seen it!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
battery.PNG
Drag and dropping of images works