The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
MFE you looked nice and relaxed in that pic. So what did you cook on the Weber Q? And don't respond and say food......
Maybe you can post a few recipes on
COOKS Corner.
Cheers Deano

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
MFE you looked nice and relaxed in that pic. So what did you cook on the Weber Q? And don't respond and say food......
Maybe you can post a few recipes on
COOKS Corner.
Cheers Deano

Deano I'd like to say it was me but the wife roasted a butterflied pork. it was great and washed down with some red wine :first: I'll need to see if we have pics

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Went exploring around Mt Walker, Lithgow. Heaps of fun hill climbs and river crossings. Even lost my camera in the drink and found it again 10 minutes later. The footage is very funny. Will try to post it somehow.

Started out playing in the quarry then just toured around.

Lithgow 1 (640x480).jpg

Lithgow 2.JPG

Lithgow 3.JPG

Lithgow 5.JPG

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Went exploring around Mt Walker, Lithgow. Heaps of fun hill climbs and river crossings. Even lost my camera in the drink and found it again 10 minutes later. The footage is very funny. Will try to post it somehow.

Started out playing in the quarry then just toured around.

Brings back memories!! Post the video on youtube its easier, you can make it private if you want, then only the people on here with the link can view it.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Nice photos Moto looks like you had a great time.

We went to over Mt Stirling and saw snow..........yes snow I''l post up a trip report tonight or tomorrow night
Oh and today I went dirtbike riding :clap2: so it has been a pretty good couple of days :tongue:

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
:frusty:
If anyone is able to source the nut on its own, can you please let me know where you get them from. I have contacted the dealer and have had to buy the knob as well. Was told I had to get it as a set and that the nut cannot be sourced from a hardware store etc.
I would like to get a few spare nuts to keep in the van in case. At least now I will have a spare knob as well:der:

So I have lost another nut from the awning spreader:frusty:.....does anyone know where you can get the nut on its own without having to by a set of two knobs with the nuts for around $25?

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
have seen somewhere a new design of awning knob that the nut doesn't disappear if left undone, will have to ask hubby about it.

We went to Boynedale again (great spot) and we left the panda there and went for a drive up Kroombit Tops National Park.

Beautiful and we took the dreampot, silverside and vegies on the top of the escarpment followed by scones and jam at the base of the wall.

When up the Tops we always make time to visit Beautiful Betsy, a Liberator Bomber which vanished in February 1945 and was finally found in 1994.IMG_0112.JPG
Homestead on the way up the mountain
IMG_0129.JPG
The Escarpment
IMG_0122.JPG
View from the main lookout
IMG_0177.JPG
The Wall
IMG_0138.JPG
Beautiful Betsy
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
Crystalyn

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
What a great read Crys. I zoomed in on the pics and found the short story interesting. Mmm, have to check out the old Boynedale.
Can't wait for Awoonga this w.end. Mate got the lures and Opera pots today!
Cheers Deano

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great shots Crystal thanks for posting them up :clap2: The views from the top look spectactular

Crystal if you have time post up your travels in the trip section for all to see. Then if someone is looking for a new area to visit you will share an area that might not have been thought off :thumb:

Some of your trips looks like places we might head to when we are up your way

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well after eating nearly to many Easter eggs this morning we headed of to the Werribee Open Range Zoo. Its a bit different to other zoo's with a guided bus tour through the ''African Savanah''. There is also enclosures but with the deception of no fences which works really well and the enclosures are very generous in size, but I guess I wouldn't actually call them enclosures. This is done via a self guided walk amongst native grasses leaving a surprise for what animal is next to see.

For those that have been to the Dubbo Zoo I guess it is similar to that.
This is one of the buses that do tours every 5 or so minutes (well they did today)
007-5.jpg

One of the 2T residents that came right up to the bus, very imposing
012-3.jpg

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Lake Awoonga (Near Gladstone) for Easter. No Red Claw and only a couple of Barra for the week-end. Otherwise everything went to plan! Caught up with Aaron Crystalyn's husband. Gave me a few tips on the 56.2. Thanks Azza!
IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3135.JPGIMG_3166.JPGIMG_3168.JPGIMG_3179.jpgIMG_3191.JPGIMG_3209.JPGIMG_3217.JPGIMG_3222.JPGIMG_3238.jpgIMG_3265.JPGIMG_3283.JPGIMG_3317.jpgP4060085.JPG

Attachments

• P4070091.JPG
    P4070091.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 266
  • P4080166.JPG
    P4080166.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 268

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Looks like a good trip Deano!

And CD, looks like you visited the set of Jurasic Park not a zoo.

Me, i spent 4 days free camping at Oallen Ford on the Shoalhaven River (near Nerriga). It was pretty crowded since most of the roads in have been sealed recently, but still bloody beautiful and nothing beats sitting around the camp fire talking crap and toasting marsh mellows (and did i mention FREE) :hat: