The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hopefully you can come again some time soon theres plenty more to see and do.

Try and stop me, I am hooked on that place bud. Thanks for all your help and efforts too. Was great to put a face to a name after all this time.

Was a long drive but i would do it all again in a heartbeat:first:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Going there in May with the Panda.... Has anyone been to Granny's Flat recently?? want to know if I can get the van down there, haven't been there since our honeymoon. So Jealous boys!!

I haven't been in there for nearlly 12 months :sorry: I almost went in the a couple of weeks ago to take a look,but since we've been there plenty of times we didn't. Almost every 6 weeks we would be in the area.

I guess my main concern would be the branches over hanging the track rubbing along the sides of the van (it may be ok though) and also if someone is coming out or in and travelling in the opposite direction to you. Not much room to back up.

The other thing is if its wet on the way out the first climb could get interesting depending of course on how much rain could be about.

Other than that its a beaut spot right on the Jamieson River with plenty of grass and drop toilets.
It might be an option to leave the Expanda on the road and shoot in there 1st to check out the track condition. :car: If you want to know of some more free camps I can help you out :wink:

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I haven't been in there for nearlly 12 months :sorry: I almost went in the a couple of weeks ago to take a look,but since we've been there plenty of times we didn't. Almost every 6 weeks we would be in the area.

I guess my main concern would be the branches over hanging the track rubbing along the sides of the van (it may be ok though) and also if someone is coming out or in and travelling in the opposite direction to you. Not much room to back up.

The other thing is if its wet on the way out the first climb could get interesting depending of course on how much rain could be about.

Other than that its a beaut spot right on the Jamieson River with plenty of grass and drop toilets.
It might be an option to leave the Expanda on the road and shoot in there 1st to check out the track condition. :car: If you want to know of some more free camps I can help you out :wink:

Thanks mate extra spots around that area would be great! Meeting someone on the access road in was my main concern, last time i was there it was in a 40 series shorty and a tent! I have distant relatives that run or possibly use to run the local cabins in Jamieson ( haven't seen them since the last time i was there 10+ yrs ago) I suppose I could always get the missus standing on the front with a saw to attck any over hanging branches :rofl:

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
We bought a Expanda too on the week-end. Yep paid the remaining balance. Can't wait to take it to the local caravan park for the full setup! That will be this coming week-end!:rofl:
IMG_2702.JPG

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks mate extra spots around that area would be great! Meeting someone on the access road in was my main concern, last time i was there it was in a 40 series shorty and a tent! I have distant relatives that run or possibly use to run the local cabins in Jamieson ( haven't seen them since the last time i was there 10+ yrs ago) I suppose I could always get the missus standing on the front with a saw to attck any over hanging branches :rofl:
No worries mate I'll try and point you in the right direction :thumb: our relatives just moved out of Jamieson 18 months ago our family has a 130 year history in Jamieson so you could say I know a couple of spots :smile:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Newcastle Caravan show...

Did see some nice vans from all the makers. Still think the Starcraft is best bang for buck if you want a family van and a full van without canvas. Another van that did surprise us was the family van from Nova Caravans. around the $50k mark but all inclusions and well finished off.

This is all just looking thing. We love our Expanda, but nice to look anyway :spy:

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Well it was off to the Bargara Caravan Park for the full setup. We arrived there after 5pm on Friday and when we came to setting up the Annexe.......We inserted the strip to the side of the van and noticed it had no velcro for the walls to attach to. I thought to myself......you have to be kidding. But no it was for real. There was no velcro. I rang the dealer, and it is going to be fixed this week. Too bad if I wanted to see what a $2000 annexe looks like.
See the photo of it rolled up.
Otherwise the week-end was good.
Cheers
Deano
IMG_2720.JPGIMG_2719.JPGIMG_2731.JPGIMG_2724.JPG

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Not good, Deano. As long as it gets fixed there is no real worries but it does put a damper on the first outing.

I guess you have some contact with Coca Cola as it fearures (subtely) in 3 of your 4 photos. :spy:

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hey Mappy,
Yes, I work for Coca-Cola up here in the Wide Bay region. They are going to help pay for my van over the next 10 years. Plus tha bank said they will help out.
I do like my stickers too.
As for the annexe, I will get that Velcro strip rectified this week.
Cheers
Deano

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cheers Mick, was a good haul definetly :)

Already had a fish curry, fish and chips and a few in the freezer for some more curry!

Made all the recent troubles with my boat worth it and put a grin ear to ear on the kids wrestling them to the boat!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Ha ha - good pickup Chartrock.
Remember to ask for an advertising budget Deano
Advertising budget, yeah I need to work on that one.
As for Chartrock not hearing an old nickname for 50 years. I have to feel honoured for bringing it up......LOL.