The mods bucket list thread

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Nice list pace.
I have two I am looking at before Christmas.

1. Reworking all the plumbing under the van so that washing machine is part of the same piping system.
2. This is still in investigation phase but I reacon I can disconnect the weber legs and mount the weber on a slide out frame system via the front locker hatch. I was thinking of making the weber lid more of a quick release system that meant I could store the lid separately which meant the slide out system only ended taking up the top half of the hatch. Anyway, that's the theory. See how far I get.
Hi Brad,
I was taking the hood of my Q and storing in the front boot, they are easy to remove with the little split pin thingo's, i found it made the van smell a bit BBQish!
i now have mine in a large canvass bag between the gas bottles strapped down at the minute but i am working on a platform for it to sit on like the one that i have seen on the forum that attached to the jocky wheel. I will be taking some shots of all my mods over the coming weeks and will put them up, i know i owe you a shot of the bed organizer too!! Cheers

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I also need to cable tie the rubber boot for windup antenna, a repairer put me onto this, one tie around small end (coax) and one around big end (bottom). This seals the boot and stops it pulling off when antenna is wound up and down.

This idea is new to me, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Have you done it yet? Can you post some pics?
Thanks mate

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I have re done the drain pipe, sink drains like an old fashioned bathtub with a whirlpool now.

Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I have re done the drain pipe, sink drains like an old fashioned bathtub with a whirlpool now.

Geoff

I'm curious Geoff, maybe some pics if you could. I need to do something with mine, I'm thinking 40mm PVC with pool hose for sullage to get the water away quicker!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
This idea is new to me, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Have you done it yet? Can you post some pics?
Thanks mate

Hi there mate, my cover is on atm but at the base of your antenna where the coax goes into base plate there is a rubber boot which tends to come off due to the antenna being wound up and down. It's job is to seal against water going into roof. I checked mine after our first trip and it was off, the cable ties stops this from happening and will help to seal. Mine has been sealed under the boot with silicon by Jayco but it's better if the boot doesn't come off. Next time cover is off I can get some pics.

Cheers.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I'm curious Geoff, maybe some pics if you could. I need to do something with mine, I'm thinking 40mm PVC with pool hose for sullage to get the water away quicker!

Cheers.

I redid my entire pipe work with 40mm today. So much better. Will post some pics tomorrow.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Burnsy, i have just roughed my drain, but I am thinking like Brad to run it in straight pipe and not have wavey pipe which is all over the shop. The key is getting air into the head of the drain. I am still playing around with the drain and when I am happy with it I will post photos. What I can say is that fitting that Jayco use which you hook your flexible drain to has a massive restriction in it. I am just time poor at the moment with the kids sports on weekends.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep already done. The nice thing with the sullage hose upgrade is that a piece of straight 40mm pipe fits snugly over the hose. Which means the connecting point for the hose onto the van is easy.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Brad, does that mean you have used the clear plastic tubing to connect the 40mm to the shower and sink? What are your plans for outlet, are you still going to use the Jayco 2 into 1 manifold? What about sullage hose size.....are you going to increase size? I'm thinking either a bigger sullage hose say 50mm or run 2 standard, 1 for shower and 1 for sink and do away with manifold, in my case this would stop sink water coming up in shower.

Cheers.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
thought i'd rehash this thread to see what members have been up to and are getting up to re mods/refinement to their vans prior to rush of christmas holidays fast approaching.

i have put together a list of things (off the top of my head, should i think of anything else will update. van is covered away), done to our van in the past year and some are works in progress (WIP) still. most of these can be viewed in my album some others need to load pics still.

-front locker lids holdback chains (chartrock mod)
-external strip led lighting for awning/annexe
-rerouting of water pipes through the chassis slots (chartrock mod)
-rear pole carrier
-magazine elastic holders (mrs pace mod)
-led lighting for main dinette
-led internal roof lighting (came with replacement roof, due 2011 hail storm)
-bed converter support poles for main dinette bed
-wardrobe removable shelving
-shelf above hws
-battery led lighting in all cupboards and fridge (mrs pace mod)
-basin water diverter to not wet toilet as basin folds up (stone stomper mod)
-relocated bunk ladder to rear of van
-grab handle on door to close so not using curtain (kids!!)
-underbody thermal insulation, (WIP)
-wheel flaps
-antenna pole (mini pace mod)
-shower caddy (mrs pace mod)
-shower curtain, no more wiping down basin/toilet after showers
-supply/sullage hose bag to spare wheel well
-tv bracket mount to roof support extender arms (WIP) (mfexpanda mod)
-underbody storage tray (WIP)

still to do,
-move jockey wheel clamp inside a frame
-flip over spare wheel to top of a frame (xpandafan mod)
-flip up side table near sink (WIP.Geoff mod)
-
-
-
cheers pace

UPDATE ON THE ABOVE
-underbody insulation done
- wheels flaps done
- rear pole carrier done
- flip up basin water deflector done

[MENTION=1855]BUSH PALACE[/MENTION] 3rd axle, not happening.

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
thought i'd rehash this thread to see what members have been up to and are getting up to re mods/refinement to their vans prior to rush of christmas holidays fast approaching.

i have put together a list of things (off the top of my head, should i think of anything else will update. van is covered away), done to our van in the past year and some are works in progress (WIP) still. most of these can be viewed in my album some others need to load pics still.

-front locker lids holdback chains (chartrock mod)
-external strip led lighting for awning/annexe
-rerouting of water pipes through the chassis slots (chartrock mod)
-rear pole carrier
-magazine elastic holders (mrs pace mod)
-led lighting for main dinette
-led internal roof lighting (came with replacement roof, due 2011 hail storm)
-bed converter support poles for main dinette bed
-wardrobe removable shelving
-shelf above hws
-battery led lighting in all cupboards and fridge (mrs pace mod)
-basin water diverter to not wet toilet as basin folds up (stone stomper mod)
-relocated bunk ladder to rear of van
-grab handle on door to close so not using curtain (kids!!)
-underbody thermal insulation, (WIP)
-wheel flaps
-antenna pole (mini pace mod)
-shower caddy (mrs pace mod)
-shower curtain, no more wiping down basin/toilet after showers
-supply/sullage hose bag to spare wheel well
-tv bracket mount to roof support extender arms (WIP) (mfexpanda mod)
-underbody storage tray (WIP)

still to do,
-move jockey wheel clamp inside a frame
-flip over spare wheel to top of a frame (xpandafan mod)
-flip up side table near sink (WIP.Geoff mod)
-
-
-
cheers pace

Why did you buy the Van in the first place? You may have a built one from scratch.