StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep @achjimmy, I was just going to bin mine but found the receipt and it had something like a 5 yr or more warranty so I thought why not ? Mind you it's been sitting in the boot of the van and may have been used once. Have found batteries to fit about $40 though, not worth it really.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Took a heap of stuff back to bunnings today and grabbed the ryobi vac to go with the drill and charger . Seems a ripper and at least if the battery dies like it did on the sunbeam one I can replace it!

Went down the track of the Ryobi ONE+ vacuum also @achjimmy .... It compliments the matching garden blower and 10" chainsaw!!

I just got a set of those Ryobi ONE thingys........ Drill & Rattle Gun............ for Fathers day

I thought they were a great Idea until I saw the Vac & Lights.......

might have to go to the Green Shed when SWMBO is not looking..................

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I just got a set of those Ryobi ONE thingys........ Drill & Rattle Gun............ for Fathers day

I thought they were a great Idea until I saw the Vac & Lights.......

might have to go to the Green Shed when SWMBO is not looking..................

Also got the extended chainsaw..... hammer drill.... radio and all take the one battery...... Luckily Mrs Dagree doesn't set foot in the shed and more importantly no longer comes to the green shed with me ;)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Just need to find somewhere in the panda where Mrs Dagree won't look for things she doesn't know are needed!!!!!!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The Bos jockey wheel and Ryobi drill got a work out on the last trip. Made it so good, running the drop jacks down now it is a piece of cake. Don't think I'll ever use the handle again. What made it even better was as we arrived on site a storm followed by hail hit! It was so good to setup ASAP. The platform base on the jockey Jack is great and doesn't sink like the wheel does! Not having to clamp a wheel on and off is gold. The vacum worked well too.

I am so converted to carrying a drill now especially after talking to another camper at Forster, he showed me something that has made me about $300 poorer but looks the good. More soon.

Reactions: McKenzie and davemc

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Fitted the charger for the breakaway battery. I might of just caught the battery in time.

image.jpg

Reactions: dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
As I said before Iam Sick of the bulky camp lights and another thing to charge. Purchased the ryobi light, compact , light and takes the one+ battery.

image.jpg

Reactions: Axl

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hey @achjimmy .... Did you just plug it in and away it went?????
Reason for asking is I plugged mine in yesterday and all I got was a "Low Batter" light and NO "Charging" light o_O
Might have to check out the battery and wiring during the week!

Yes mate I did . But last week I tried using a plug and lead connected to my Projecta charger and it didn't work. So I removed the battery and hooked up directly. It took about an our before the charger stopped cycling and started charging it properely .

Reactions: dagree

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Yes mate I did . But last week I tried using a plug and lead connected to my Projecta charger and it didn't work. So I removed the battery and hooked up directly. It took about an our before the charger stopped cycling and started charging it properely .
I did the same removed the battery and charged fine

Reactions: achjimmy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Lifted the seat this afternoon and pressed the "Test" button...... All's good :) The "Test OK" and "Battery Normal" lights lit up :encouragement:

Umplugged the charger and checked the voltage..... 14.6V so happy with that. Left the charger unplugged and will check again over the weekend to make sure battery doesn't lose too much charge!

Reactions: achjimmy

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Does anyone know how long does it take to charge from car while driving?
About the same time to travel from Perth to Margaret River ;)
In all honesty I don't know for sure but on our last trip to Busselton I plugged the remote back in when we hit Bunbury and still got the warning buzzer.

I would imagine it would also depend on the frequency of towing... The trip mentioned above was the first for a couple of months so maybe the battery had discharged too much to be charged on a two and a half hour drive?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirke

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Don't leave us hanging with new gadget suspense!

So what I bought was the Peggy peg system http://www.peggypeg.com.au to replace the tent pegs. Using the battery drill you screw your guy ropes down! I know some use coach screws but these are a bit different and being either plastic or alloy they weigh nothing to carry (I reckon I have gained about 5-10kg payload ) Also they have a large thread so hold well in soft stuff where I couldn't see a coach screw working as well? Anyway so far so good, only used once, the only down side is they cost a fortune.