StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

halbster

May 13, 2014
Yeah I meant the frame that hangs down under the draw bar, got any plans for it? Remove it or just leave it there? Use it for something else?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just got the van checked this morning. I added a truma gas heater, re did the gas bottles forward, extended a bbq point and added another. All within the regs and standards.

They checked the appliances for AGA compliance, checked for leaks , ran the stove and gave me a copy of his certificate with a map of the van and the gas points sketched , inscribed a NSW gas compliance plate and a bill for $130.

Can't bitch at that? And now comply fully with state regs :yo:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Finished off the mounting for the TV. Used some packing foam and a buckle strap to hold it back against the bracket whilst travelling. worked well on the trip away.

image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Fitted the "safety Dave" rear view camera before the trip. These really are great, I can't imagine towing without one anymore. Plenty on the market but "Saftey Dave " has fantastic after sales service. Whilst away the second time I hooked it to the Hema it inverted the imagine! I rang the mobile in the Sunday and he discussed the problem, deduced it was a hema issue (correctly) and offer to send me an extention cable to sort it out. When I got home the cable was waiting in the post, zip zero cost.

I really wanted to avoid a conduit going down the middle of the wall, after pondering I decided to try going inside the walls! Not the easiest route but certainly neat. Took my mate and I a good 3-4 hours. After making up a flexiable cutter of sorts using wire and drilling down through the foam into the cupboard cavity. Boy that foam makes a mess.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
After inside the cupboard followed Jayco's wiring behind the dunny and out there acess hole. Up inside the chassis rail and out a small hole I drilled over the drawbar. Then up inside the drawbar and out to the quick connect plug mounted in the inside.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
When touring we rarely use the awning and definetly don't set up the anti flapper arms. they are good but find they take a while to setup and to pack up if the wind gets up big in a real hurry and it's 2am in the morning ! So I thought I'd try theses old style ones but with the wider foot. Only used them for a couple of nights, don't think they'd be much in a big wind but easy to pack up and work well in average conditions. Does cause the awning to get a "roll to it". How do others find them?

image.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Have had the face pull of the large drawers under the seats. Jayco use plugs into the soft ply but set the runners back so that the full weight of the drawer is taken on the face rather than the stop on the runner! Asking for it to be pulled out. Happened to us cause one latch was dicky. The other drawer I suspect we forgot to latch it.

Fixed the dicky latch and instead of adjusting with the drawer runners which can be fiddly I put rubber stoppers on the drawers to take the force. Glued the plugs back in with some fancy wood glue that foams up and is super strong.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
When touring we rarely use the awning and definetly don't set up the anti flapper arms. they are good but find they take a while to setup and to pack up if the wind gets up big in a real hurry and it's 2am in the morning ! So I thought I'd try theses old style ones but with the wider foot. Only used them for a couple of nights, don't think they'd be much in a big wind but easy to pack up and work well in average conditions. Does cause the awning to get a "roll to it". How do others find them?

View attachment 31846
I used to use these up until this van, which he came with the Aussie Traveller style. Am going to get another set of the Velcro style for weekends and short stop setups

Reactions: achjimmy and bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Had the velcro anti flap straps on the previous van.... They do work well and easy to fit/remove as required but they tend to stretch the awning out of shape slightly..... Better than nothing tho!

Still got them to save setting up the anti flap bars for short stopovers if needed.

Reactions: bigcol and achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Although having had a new trail a mate Jack/jockey wheel in a box in the shed for years , I am just not a fan of them, weight of the damn things for starters. I know some people swear by them but I have been checking out the new bos jockey wheel made in western sydney. Yesterday I called in with the van and Bronwyn there was really helpful and showed me all the options on the Starcraft. They have a great kit that even includes the drill, but as I am looking at updating my drill I thought I'd leave that for now. So I purchased the jockey stand and some extention pieces, the security screw and drive bits. The main Jack stays on the clamp with the security screw and I just fit the corrrect size extention and foot when we stop and wind it down. It's geared so it's slow in the handle but powerful. The drill makes it a breeze.

http://www.bos370.com.au

Usual no affiliation just happy on day one!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg