Spots Expanda

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Bed flies

100_2312.JPG100_2318.JPG100_2319.JPG100_2313.JPG100_2314.JPG100_2315.JPGCouldn’t wait any longer and had to fit our new bed flies to the expanda. Got these sent up from Holiday annexes a few weeks ago and had to fit them before the rain comes this weekend to Capalaba “hopefully” cause we really need it!
Easy to fit, fitment is reasonably good and happily with the quality. Their 4oz canvas which is suitably perfect for the application, hence very little load on the struts. I have no affiliation with Holiday annexes only a satisfied customer advising expanda land of this great product, please check out my attached photos.
The top corner is the difficult obstacle to overcome ingress and this product adds additional protection but not a complete fix, I believe Jayco should not radius the top corners of the lid and square them off which will allow the lid hinge to continue to the drip edge, e.g. outer lid side edge, having the radius corner and the hinge back from the outer edge of the lid is such a battle if you are trying to find the ultimate solution of protecting ingress in these corners. If anyone in Expanda land has a cracker of a solution I would love to see a photo of the corner as such.
PS, the standard flies available from Jayco work well and fulfil the application intended but some of us have the tendency to so call fix things that are not broken which generally cannot be explained.

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hey Spot, welcome to the forum.

Look out for the Qld catchups that Andrea is trying to organise at the moment. Otherwise, you are not far from me so we should catch up for caravan discussions, trip planning and beer.

Great van, love the pad that it lives on.

Cheers.

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Thanks ElectricGuru, like most we had to have a caravan but no where to put it so just had to make it happen and that’s the result.
The Queensland gig looks great but at this stage we will only be able to slot ¼ yearly trips which have already been mapped out.