Spots Expanda

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
G’day expanda land
Like many been in the shadows for months observing what a great bunch of member use this forum and learning heap from discussions. We have a 2012 16.49.04 outback we took delivery of in September from Brisbane Camperland and have been in love with it ever since. Like most a bit time poor but plan to use the van @ 4 x 1 week minimum stays a year around the east coast/bush QLD & NSW areas for the time been with the wife and two kids.
Spent a week at the Caloundra Big 4 late September to christen the expanda and had a ball, good weather, kayaking around the Pumicestone passage/Bribie Island and enjoying some quality downtime with a little comfort, hance coming from tent camping.
Going the stop waffling on and just say thanks to you good people for helping me understand the expanda life.

First timer to upload anything so please excuse me if it all looks like junk. Sorry not a lot of photos and for some reason no pictures of the inner workings, so for another day.

Cheers Spot

Attachments

• Camping & caravan 025.JPG
    Camping & caravan 025.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 311
  • Camping & caravan 033.JPG
    Camping & caravan 033.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 334
  • Camping & caravan 007.JPG
    Camping & caravan 007.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 300
  • Camping & caravan 024.JPG
    Camping & caravan 024.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 303
  • Camping & caravan 022.JPG
    Camping & caravan 022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 312

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome Spot. Love the way you've already got your Expanda on a pedestal. Look forward to sharing your adventures thru this forum.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Welcome spot from us as well:welcome:
Like the others folk have mentioned good to have another Queenslander in the mix.
We pick up our van next week from the same place, how did you find the handover from the guys at Camperland?

Thx

Ps my boys play soccer for the Capalaba bulldogs :playball:

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Thanks chartrock for your Queensland support, there is a strong support on this hub from a great bunch of expanda fans from NSW/VIC.

Yes relgate done a couple of mods and got some more in mind but pondering for now, made a ladder cradle for under the van as not keen on standing on things to put the annexe up and accessing the top of the van if and when required, also had to make and redesigned the hard lid strut top bracket due to inadequacy for the application and the fact it was about to break off on the first trip, hance I contacted Jayco with all details of the fault of which I believe should be amended on future builds.

Hi Holden_man,
What a small world my son played the last two sessions with the Bulldogs U7& U8 (A. Watsons team).
Brisbane Camperland (sales rep S. Taylor) was great and was very accommodating during my handover ensuring everything was bang on before taking the rains.
The family must be getting anxious that the 18 is not far away, good luck with the handover and prepare yourselves for a great Christmas holiday at North Star CP at Hastings point.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Well there you go, it is a small world, I know Mr Watson, he's been around for ever. My youngest played U11 Kimodos, and oldest played U13-div2 this year

Yep we are pretty excited with the new delivery, counting the hours now. Our sales guy was Rooney, don't think he plays soccer though. :)smile: Sorry, Josh is a Man.U. fan)
Bring on xmas school hols...

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi spot, welcome mate! Your van looks great, I'm sure you'll have alot of good times away. I like the look of your cover, where did you get it from?

Cheers.

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Thanks Burnsy for your kind welcome. I got the cover from Jayco Brisbane Camperland for about $300, it a Coast to Coast brand and I think for the price the quality is pretty good.
I’m amazed the amount of caravans I see in people’s yards have no cover or shelter over their investment, sun damage is such a spoil to caravans.

Reactions: Burnsy

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Welcome a board Spot. I've learnt alot from this forum, and I have to say a that there is most certainly a great bunch of people here. Its also good to see another 16 being pulled around by another Jeep.

Cheers

Luis

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Nice one mate.

For what it's worth we have a Coast to Coast cover on our van and I can strongly recommend them. Ours is a year old now and the cover has sat on the van in all weather from 40 degree direct sunlight to -5 degree and frost. It has also coped with gale force winds and shows no sign of tearing etc. When we take the cover off the van it is just as we left it when we covered it - nice and clean!

For $300 ish you can't beat it.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Yep, Spot...I second BoD's recommendation regarding cover. Mine's fine after nearly a year. Worth the effort learning how to get them on.

Spot

Oct 16, 2012
Capalaba, Brisbane
Thanks Bank of Dad & Expandafan for the feedback, it gives me confidence now I purchased a good product.
Thanks Brad & Silver fox for the welcome, our Jeep is a 2002 3.7 petrol and still goes strong love to upgrade to a current model but thing are tight and the machine works well so will have to make do.