Smokey Pathy

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Unfortunately, it seems to be more than just the Nav and Pathies suffering from these woes. There have been a lot of reports lately of manuals of all sorts failing too early. And the answer is always the same - replace with a heavy duty clutch /dual mass flywheel. You've got to ask why do the manufacturers insist on installing light duty and then saying it is suitable to tow 3000/3500kg????

SD,
yes agreed. its too bad such engineering decisions are made seeing as these days modern 4wds are such capable vehicles. from all my recent investigation re dual mass fly wheels it looks even less likely the current hilux will do sufficient kilometres till what i experienced last week will happen to them.

hope a havent put the mockers on anyone. Pace.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
hey expanda,

whats the latest re the pathy smoking, is it still on the patches. Lol. Maf cleaning get you anywhere? Ours is in need of new clutch, anyone got a spare 7 seater 2.5t towing capacity free for summer holiday.

Cheers pace.

Hey pace,

Changed fuel around mostly and it seems alot better.

I am suspect on the injectors but will have it all inspected after the chrissy break.

For now just switcihng to Woolworths diesel seems to have her a bit more happy.

Will be changing the oil and filters this weekend so will see how it is after that to.

Well the clutch went this week, was really nursing it. had a read through above link and yes as i knew what the outcome was going to happen exactly as D40's have. thanks Jaybird have saved it to my favourites now.

Anyone with a manual D40 or R51 and has clutch issues and your in Melbourne, look me up i got the info for you want to know though don't want to hear, but you will be forced to act on. after the week i've had, believe me!!!

Pace.

View attachment 10792
dual mass flywheel worn and heat affected
View attachment 10793
clutch plate worn to the rivets
View attachment 10794
pressure plate very heat affected and loss of pressure on the fingers too.

What bummer!!!

Glad you got it sorted so quickly though....

Althought the wallet must be significantly lighter!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
good to hear expanda, perhaps run a good brand of injector cleaner too prior to inspection. changing the oil on YD25 engine is skin shedding getting to that oil filter. youtube how to do it if you need to, there are good couple of options. Pace.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Haven't Nissan upgraded the clutch in the current Navaras? Not just the V6 the 4 as well?