Show and Shine - Show us your tow vehicle set up!

stormpatrol

Oct 26, 2011
newy/nsw
Just another one at river wood downs what a spot we will be back

riverwooddowns034.jpg

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
Hey BOD,

I'm not sure your theory on pricing is exactly right, I think supply and demand have some amount to do with it but, I almost signed the dotted line on a 150 Prado until the wife spotted the Ranger and was instantly interested, at first I had no interest in owning anything but another Prado, until I saw these new Rangers! I truly hope it's a good reliable car because for our circumstances the 150 GXL Prado & I also have a new SR5 Hilux for a work ute & in my opinion they are both not even in the running.

Fingers crossed but only time will tell.

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Cheers,

THat photo was when we first got the van. I added the spacer block on the hitch on the A frame and it now sits almost level. We find the airbags great along with the use of WDH. Our towbar sticks out through a cutout in the bar. You will find the Nissan bar sits below, but we have the H/R towbar so we could use the WDH...

If you have the Nissan bar you cant use the WDH setup

Nice tow rig though :) Go the Pathy

cool - cheers back Stuart....yeah we got told to not go the Nissan hitch and got Hayman Reese

good idea to do a spacer...not a prob with the Swan as she's pretty light but might be interesting to see when (big when) we get a Expanda

Thanks for the reply, clarifiied what was going on

Cheers

Paul

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
After seeing where others have taken their tow vehicles I thought I would post just a couple of my favourite photos from some of our travels over the last 5 years in the Cruiser. This is only a snap shot, I have loads of High Country photos that is one of our most frequented areas but I have left them out................this time

Razorback Flinders Ranges
513.jpg
Border Trk South Australia Vic border
047.jpg
Pink Roadhouse Oodnatta
551.jpg
Yarra Ranges State Park 20mins from home
529.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Some nice shots NissPat I like the one at the bottom of the mud climb :clap2:

Come on everyone I'm sure there is more so stop holding back some great photos!!! :becky:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Here's one of mine coming through Long Point Crossing on my way into Hill End, one towing my toy and one at Coocoran Opal Fields.

Attachments

• Coming through longpoint.jpg
    Coming through longpoint.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 404

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Ok! due to pier pressurse here she is, Our 09 Pajero RX DI-D Auto

After a bit of a delay in delivery (thats another story) we took delivery late January 2010 as a stock vehicle other than towbar,nudge bar, cargo barrier,upgraded tyres and roof basket (one of the freebie's for late delivery). she replaced our ageing 99 Pathie which had knocked 295,000 km proir to trading (80,000 with previous owner).

The Pajero was to take on the roll of daily driver, all round tourer and tow our then Jayco Swan OB which she did effortlessly. Well it wasn't longer before the "Make Over" started to turn her into a more practical tourer/tow truck with the addition of the usual equipment. ARB Bar, IPF lights,Dual Battery, UHF, Fridge Slide/Storage unit (modified from the Pathie), Suspension upgrade with airbags.

Delivery Day

100_2115.JPG

the Transformation beings

19032010144 (2).jpg

Poser

23052011392.jpg

HAPPY NOW CRUZA :tongue:

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Here's some photos of the pride and Joy. After starting out in a Landcruiser then 3 Patrols and now the Pajero I had some reservations about the Pajeros off road ability, since buying it new in 2008 it has done nothing but impress us. From tackling school traffic during the week to sand dunes and high country on the weekends it's been a fantastic all-rounder for us and we can't wait to embark on our 6month trip round Oz next year. Having said that it does have down side's like any 4x4 but they are outweighed by its on road manners, ease of towing and surprising off road capabilities.

Maiden Voyage ,2011
van2.jpg van3.jpg

van4.jpg 15 point turn

van5.jpg Creek Crossing, Briagalong Vic

van1.jpg Rainbow Beach, Queensland

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Awesome Drewy and its good seeing it gets plenty of use.

Just wondering if its an auto or a Manual? Also what suspension are you running in it, and do you have rear airbags?

Sorry for all the question :juggle:

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Awesome Drewy and its good seeing it gets plenty of use.

Just wondering if its an auto or a Manual? Also what suspension are you running in it, and do you have rear airbags?

Sorry for all the question :juggle:

It's an Auto, never thought I'd have an auto off road but it's been great. It's got OME suspension, with about 40mm lift. The Air Bags are next on the to do list, we'll need them with the big trip as she'll be loaded right up.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
It's an Auto, never thought I'd have an auto off road but it's been great. It's got OME suspension, with about 40mm lift. The Air Bags are next on the to do list, we'll need them with the big trip as she'll be loaded right up.

Great action shots there drewy, good luck with the trip. I guess with Cruza the pajero numbers are really getting up there which is no suprise given there value and capability.

Heres ours 2010 Pajero Platinum, factory rear diff lock. DVD player, cargo net, ARB Bullbar, IPF lights, Avenger Mako Winch. Long range fuel tank, 40mm lift with Bilstein shocks, full bash plates under half the car, ICOM UHF & ZCG scalar antenna, tyre dogs 6 wheel TPMS, dual batteries, dual runs with Anderson plugs one from start battery to Van fridge and the other to Van batteries. 7” MMCS sat nav and 6” Van reverse camera, piranha diff breathers. Airtec snorkel and BFG AT’s.

The Pajero is heaps more capable off road than me as was proven on our recent trip to Baal Bone Gap.

Attachments

• Outback_NSW_2012 Paj.jpg
    Outback_NSW_2012 Paj.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 362

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Looking good Jimmy :thumb: BFG A/T's is what I will probably throw on ours when the OE are worn out, I've had them in the past and they are a good all round tyre.

Ours wont be our main 4x4 for the tracks it will end up more of a tourer family car, well thats the plans at the moment :music: I'd be happy if it ended up with the same mod list as yours......................we'll see :smokin:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi All,

Thought i'd post some pics up of my dual battery setup a mate and i did a while ago. In the NT Pajero model the starter battery needs to be moved back near the firewall with the after market battery tray and then your aux battery goes where your starter battery was, this is done because the area for the 2nd battery near firewall only fits a 10" battery. I fitted a 100amp deep cycle marine battery (blue) for my aux. No cables needed to be lengthened to move the starter battery, already long enough.

On the firewall i utilized two M6 bolt holes that were already there and mounted a aluminium plate. The plate was drilled and tapped to accommodate the red-arc isolator and 2 curcuit breakers, 1 for anderson plug and 1 for hotwire in my trailer plug, next to that is the relay for the hotwire mounted using another factory bolt hole. The 75 x 3mm aluminium plate ideally could have been about 85mm to give more room above battery but that's all i had at the time. I was lucky i could save money on the link cables as my mate "borrowed" the cable and ends from work and used a hydraulic crimper to secure ends. I just need to cover up my positive terminal on my aux battery! I also wired a new socket in the back for fridges etc with heavier cable, overall very happy with job and no need to worry about flatening my starter battery anymore!

Picture 617.jpgPicture 618.jpg

Cheers :)